Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » LWMB Top 40 (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: LWMB Top 40
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
With both Icefire and Ultra-Matt not having posted in so long, and the tragedy of YK (should he be given a permanent honorary rank??), it seems likely we will soon be seeing some new entries into the top 40.

^^^ To which - Enter the Blacula! I've been at Legion World for 7 years. It's about time I joined you golden children in the sun!

Though considering I've only managed to post 1492 times in that 7 years (which - huh?!? [Confused] has someone been deleting my posts?) I don't think Lad Boy or icefire need worry about me for a while.

The only person on that list I have a hope of catching is Yk (may he rest in peace [Frown] ) and at my current rate of posting that will still take more than another 7 years!

I need to step up my game. I've been neglecting the MMB for far too long, and that's obviously the secret ingredient in getting a high post-count. Inane One-Word Posts - here I come!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

Blacula:
quote:

...Inane One-Word Posts - here I come!

I recommend developing a taste for compulsive lying, too... in the appropriate thread, of course.

May the best poster win! [Wink]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
With both Icefire and Ultra-Matt not having posted in so long, and the tragedy of YK (should he be given a permanent honorary rank??)

Aw, I wanna' see that. Maybe hold the number "41" open for the life of the board, like they do when famous ball players retire.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm open to suggestions on how to honor Yk, or any other poster who passes on. I'm not sure what you mean by "holding the number '41' open," though.

I'd rather not retire numbers, even if we're not tracking positions below 40. Retiring a number would upset the count, should people start tracking their own positions below the Top 40.

If these updates continue as a regular feature, I may do a list of annual rankings or an index that lists each poster's highest position. If so, Yk will always have a spot at no. 35.

As for possible new entries, both Mystery Lad (43) and CJ Taylor (44) show promise.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

I need to step up my game. I've been neglecting the MMB for far too long, and that's obviously the secret ingredient in getting a high post-count. Inane One-Word Posts - here I come!

Posting on the MMB is definitely the secret to being prolific on Legion World! Lots of convenient, active & simple threads to post on on a daily basis. Plus, if you also participate in role-playing when those pop-up, it can be very addicting and snowball your posts even more!

[ February 05, 2010, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Lardi ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Also, feel free to weigh in with your opinions and reviews whenever possible. In-depth analysis is always welcome.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm actually *shocked* Blacula isn't in the Top 40!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Blacula is currently at no. 75 and just hit his 1500th post.

Dev Em, who posted a page ago, is no. 83.

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[snip]

Blacula:
quote:

I recommend developing a taste for compulsive lying, too... in the appropriate thread, of course.

May the best poster win! [Wink]

That would be a message board rarity.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
[snip]

Blacula:
quote:

Wait... are you suggesting Blacula run for LMB leader? [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I also highly recommend the BITS forum for an increased post count-- lots of stuff to look at, to read and comment on!! Or post your own stuff!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Blacula is currently at no. 75 and just hit his 1500th post.

Dev Em, who posted a page ago, is no. 83.

Gotta get a move on.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My post count may be dropping, as I have recently been practicing the "early to bed, early to rise" philosophy. Let's just say I had a medical checkup recently, and it shook me up.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
I'm open to suggestions on how to honor Yk, or any other poster who passes on. I'm not sure what you mean by "holding the number '41' open," though.

I'd rather not retire numbers, even if we're not tracking positions below 40. Retiring a number would upset the count, should people start tracking their own positions below the Top 40.

I guess you'd have to hope for people's indulgence, like in those skyscrapers where there's no "13th Floor" listed on the elevator.

But that's okay. It was just a suggestion. [shrug]

--------------------

cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
[snip]

Blacula:
quote:

Wait... are you suggesting Blacula run for LMB leader? [Wink]
[blinks] Is it that time again? So soon?

Well, why not? I could use more time to work on my golf game. Also, I'm pretty sure that Rocky is sick of me having to drag Lardi away from home all hours. He never says so, but...

[Hmmm?]

--------------------

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  53  54  55   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.