Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The LMB Wiki! (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: The LMB Wiki!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Having Peebs from the Apokolips of the LMBverse most certainly gives you more guidelines as to what his origin could be, but then making it something similar gives you more freedom. For me, I like the freedom of working with a race and world that have no analogue in any other fictional universe. I also like the distinction between the LMBverse and the DCU.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
quote:
Invisible Brainiac I agree with Cobie, don't worry too much about it. There are plenty of ways to get your creations to fit in with the LMB verse [Smile] I'm sure your additions will be welcomed, and I don't think you're changing anyone else's creations right? [Smile]

Most of it's just background information that sits in my notes, stuff pertaining to Emily's family that wouldn't come up in normal roleplaying or fanfiction. I share it occasionally with collaberators/friends because it's interesting.

A part of it is simply geography. My other character, Question Lad comes from this place called Nasger which I based on the Portuguese Empire. I just wonder where it would be in the context of the LMBverse (other than far).

Cool, sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it. Looks like it'll be a very interesting read.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
PS I love this wiki! Created my own page too [Wink]

Please add as much as you like! I've added the two categories for the IB entry that all the LMB entries have. [Smile]
Thanks! I haven't really given much thought to my character's history, but it should be fun to make stuff up [Wink]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
We've had a couple jokers spam our wiki by either inserting gibberish and links into existing pages or creating a new one with no real point. I've blocked both IPs and blanked the new article.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I just added an entry for Fusion Powersphere, but can't figure out how to add it to locations...any tips?
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Just place the following tag on the bottom:

[[Category:Legion World locations]]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Actually though... looking at the article, it might be better categorized as:

[[Category:Legion World institutions]]

which is a subcategory of "Locations"

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Ex...got it fixed up now.

Also have an entry started for dedman and a brief page added for dedman's minions

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I have simplified Emily's origin so it makes more sense to both myself and the readers. It also makes it easier for me to use her former boyfriends in future stories.

http://lmbp.outpost.legionworld.net/wiki/index.php?title=Emily_Sivana

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

It's been a while since I added anything to the Wiki, so I put up a new page today for the chain of LMB nemeses called Middlefinger:

http://lmbp.outpost.legionworld.net/wiki/index.php?title=Middlefinger

I knocked out 5 of the 11, and will probably finish the others up over the weekend. I had forgotten how fun the Wiki was!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Great contribution, Ex! It's so nice to have legitimate articles added to it. So much of my time with it of late has been deleting vandalism and banning vandals.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
... I really like Middlefinger ... maybe more than i should.

*hee hee*

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I've been toying with having a category on the wiki "LGBT characters". Of course in the 31st Century LMB-verse a person's sexual orientation or identity is fairly irrelevant, but open inclusion has been one of the hallmarks of this group since a time when it did matter. What do people think?

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure what you mean by "category on the wiki".

While we can hope and assume orientation isn't an issue in the 31st century, I don't think biology will have changed so much that most people won't have a distinct preference, to whatever degree.

In a time when it's not considered a sensitive subject, why wouldn't it automatically be included in any database that includes things like gender, favorite color, date of membership, and planet of origin? It's just one more bit of public knowledge of the Legionnaire.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
Not sure what you mean by "category on the wiki".

The LMB Wiki, the subject of this thread, is dedicated to the characters and continuity created on Legion World and its predecessor forums, the Legion of Message Board Posters.

As in any wiki, the articles are grouped into categories. For example, the entry for my character, Rockhopper Lad includes the following categories:

Legion of Message Board Posters members
Legion World residents
Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn

He would also be included in a category "LGBT characters".

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.