Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The All-Rockhopper Lad Appreciation thread (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The All-Rockhopper Lad Appreciation thread
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Somehow I got re-reading this thread and I'm really touched at how kind everyone here was around Ike.

[Hug] [Hug] [Hug]

Legion World really is a community, not just a Web forum.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Ha! Boy did we fool you!

but seriously... it is a great place. It amazes me that we are pretty wide open, and yet see very few people violate the spirit/tone of the board.

I think that like-minded people tend to stick around... it is harder for a wanna-be troll to pierce a community with a solid self-identity.

That so many of us have come to know each other off-line helps, too.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeez, I feel all melty and I wasn't even around then. Must be all the talk about Labs. [sigh]

Of course, Kent will change his tune when he sees all those fantastically amazing MLM offers I dumped in his mailbox (and Rocky's and everyone else's, too). Hey, sorry, People. A job's a job, y'know...

[evil laugh]

[ April 11, 2009, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Labs are nice, but, of course, beagles are better. [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
mr_cleome's best friend in PA just adopted a beagle.

Around here, the joke is that Labs are so popular because it rains all the time, so naturally you want a companion with the raincoat built right in.

[Wink]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Some people around here pronounce beagles "biggles". (I know, this could have gone in the Share Something Completely Random, but it wasn't entirely random.)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Biggles was the name of at least one minor Monty Python character.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, where the hell was Biggles when we need him last Saturday?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

at the zoo, feeding the penguins, of course.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Rocky, have you read the latest volume of Complete Peanuts yet?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I don't have the 1971-72 volume yet. It's out, I think. Sally is on the cover, as I recall. I looked for it today when I made an all-too-infrequent visit to my CBS, but they didn't have it on the shelf.

--------------------

Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
My mini dachsie said to tell you "Dachshunds rule and Beagles drool."

I'm just relaying a message, don't blame me.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
I don't have the 1971-72 volume yet. It's out, I think. Sally is on the cover, as I recall. I looked for it today when I made an all-too-infrequent visit to my CBS, but they didn't have it on the shelf.

I got it as a birthday present from my parents.

I have my fingers crossed that you find a copy soon, because it's a delight. Among other things, it's got Marcie's earliest appearances (unless, of course, you consider Clara to have been Marcie.)

And the next volume is going to have the Mr. Sack storyline, IMO the funniest Peanuts storyline of all time. The baseball-shaped rash on Charlie Brown's head... [ROTFLMAO]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I just ordered it on Amazon.

I don't consider Marcie and Clara to be the same character myself, though I know some people do. Interestingly, Marcie's name is not mentioned at all in that first storyline, IIRC. She doesn't mention it that I remember till she visits to play "Ha Ha Herman" later in the year.

I love the Mr. Sack story arc! I especially like Alfred E. Neumann appearing as the sunrise. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

It's only a matter of time before the LMB stages a roleplay that involves a rousing game of "Ha, Ha, Herman."

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.