Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
That was brilliant, Semi.

I'd respond, but all I'm capable of composing is doggerel.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I agree, it was inspired. But doggerel? Could we have an OED explanation?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Doggerel is kind of like mongerrel, only I'm not a mutt.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JT.Hawk
New

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JT.Hawk   Email JT.Hawk         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Todd Harper

Where I live: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

What I do: Research in biology at the University of British Columbia (currently a cohort of the (in)famous Doctor One).

Favorite Legionnaires: Timber Wolf, White Witch, Monstress, Ultra Boy.

Likes: Sports … tennis and volleyball, movies … I’ll watch anything, books … I have a penchant for Sue Grafton, music … anything and everything 80s.

Miscellaneous: This is my first real post. Cool. I’ve run out of boring facts, so I’ll just stop now …

From: Vancouver, British Columbia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Great to have you aboard, JT! Cool that you and the esteemed Doctor One are cohorts! [Smile]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RenDaggle
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RenDaggle   Email RenDaggle         Edit/Delete Post     
Tony Hughes
Cedar Falls, IA
Senior at the University of Northern Iowa (English Lit. and Film Studies)/ Restaurant and Bar manager and bartender and DJ (whew)... aspiring Legion writer (or editor... whatever they'd let me do)
Invisible Kid, Karate Kid, Vi, Triad, T-Wolf,... Levitz, Giffen, Lightle, Bierbaums,... Summer '86 (the Tales issue where T-Wolf goes to Lythyl for Val, followed by the draft of "Sensor Girl," Polar Boy, Pol, Tellus, and Quislet)
Empire, the Muppets, Coppola, Cameron Crowe, Richard Linklater, Donnie Darko!, the Coens, Chris Guest, the Marx Bros., Shyamalan, ...
Salinger, Kerouac, Hinton, King,...
old Punk, ska, jam bands, Thelonius Monk, Groove Holmes, Sublime, Ben Harper, Pearl Jam, Phish, the Dead, NIL8, the Pimps, Brad, Satchel, the Strokes, the White Stripes, the Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, Floyd, Jimi, CCR, 3 Dog Night, the Beasties, Ween, the Gorillaz, the Pixies, etc.

From: c.f.,IA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: David Brun

Where you live: Lyon, France

What you do: Stupid things

My favorite characters: err... I like everybody!

Creators: I like everybody, too(I think).

My favorite stories (in no particular order): The revolt of the Super-Pets; the Krypton/Atlantis war; the LSV saga; the magic wars ; the darkman saga; the 5-year gap; the Dawnstar/Wildfire story drawn by Gene Colan; the 1st annual with the return of Computo...

When I started reading: in the early 80's. It was a traduction of the Legion that reprinted the Dr Mayavale story and the 1st part of the Darkman saga. I didn't know what to think about it; I was used to titles such as X-men, Fantatastic Four, Superman, New Teen Titans... but I didn't know who all these colorfuls characters were... but some concept were really cool: The Legion was helping RJ Brande to create stars! A president for the whole earth!
WOW!
I couldn't find at the time the following stories. A few years later, I buy a few issues of a comic called "Les Vengeurs" and what I discover inside was stunning: the 3rd and 4th issues of the baxter serie, and in another the Timber Wolf story on Lythyl(?), followed by the try-out story that introduced Sensor Girl. I was hooked for life... until the plublisher ceased to translate American comic books. My last issue was LSH(baxter)#21.

When I discovered in the 90s that I could get original US comic books in France. I tried the Legion again with issue 50 of V4. Hooked again! I have since collected all of V3, V4, the reboot, the superboy comics... I mostly miss the silver age stories, but the archives will help me to resolve that...

Other things I like:

Comics: Superman and Supergirl, Wonder Woman, JSA, Flash, Promethea,...
Movies: the "Alien" saga, Star Wars, Star Trek: First Contact,... but I like a lot of other things too.
TV: Buffy, That 70s show, Ab Fab, Coupling(UK), Star Trek:DS9,...

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Great to know more about you, Frog Kid and Ren Daggle! Welcome aboard!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Kid Prime!
[LightningLord1]
This place is so cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllll!!!!

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome JT, Ren and Froggy!

I see a lot of good comics and music in your favorites [Smile] .

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like I missed a couple of welcoming threads, So here's a belated Welcome to Frog Kid and Ren Daggle!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by JT.Hawk:

What I do: Research in biology at the University of British Columbia (currently a cohort of the (in)famous Doctor One).

Likes: Sports … tennis and volleyball, movies … I’ll watch anything, books … I have a penchant for Sue Grafton, music … anything and everything 80s.

Hi Todd,

Nice to see another Canuck on the board. I hail from Ontario. I couldn't help but see other similar characteristics. I'm 34 and I too love tennis, and v-ball (I've coached both sports for a few years at the high school where I teach). I'm also into squash although I don't get much time to play now that I have a 16 month old daughter. I too am a book and movie lover and an 80's "old-timer".

Just wanted to welcome you. Legionworld is a great distraction from the world of academia.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by JT.Hawk:

Hi Todd,

Nice to see another Canuck on the board. I hail from Ontario. I couldn't help but see other similar characteristics. I'm 34 and I too love tennis, and v-ball (I've coached both sports for a few years at the high school where I teach). I'm also into squash although I don't get much time to play now that I have a 16 month old daughter. I too am a book and movie lover and an 80's "old-timer".

Just wanted to welcome you. Legionworld is a great distraction from the world of academia.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RenDaggle
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RenDaggle   Email RenDaggle         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Fellers, and yes, indeed, this board IS really cool! [band] [ChameleonBoy] [InvisibleKid] [PhantomGirl] [SensorGirl] [Quislet]
From: c.f.,IA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
JT, Ren and Froggy!

Sounds like an After School Special.
[Smile]

Welcome and welcome back

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.