Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The LMB Wiki! (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: The LMB Wiki!
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Oops.I assumed we were in sync more or less with current DC canon.

I'm just really confused about how big the United Planets actually is. It can't be most of the universe because a universe is extremely big, but then you have really distant sectors as members of it. And I'm assuming the United Planets is like the United States and not the United Nations. It's not the most important thing in the world, but it helps to know what is near and far when you are writing.

I'm basically looking at this site and seeing what, if anything makes sense in regards to LMBverse geography: http://glcorps.dcuguide.com/_sector.php

[ April 20, 2011, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Em, the LMB verse is *very* different from dc comics both in continuity and geography. Most dc characters do not exist in LMB continuity (that's the usual rule).

I can give you a better breakdown later when I'm not on my phone.

The UP *is* like the UN, not the USA. It encompasses most of known space. That is how legion continuity is. Remember, all our stories take place 1,000 years in the future.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I assume that the UP as we have it is within the Milky Way Galaxy. Interstellar travel takes enough of a suspension of disbelief, let alone intergalactic (says the guy whose character is from a planet where sentient life evolved from penguins). [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

^we use stargates [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Em, the LMB verse is *very* different from dc comics both in continuity and geography. Most dc characters do not exist in LMB continuity (that's the usual rule).

The UP *is* like the UN, not the USA. It encompasses most of known space. That is how legion continuity is. Remember, all our stories take place 1,000 years in the future.

Yes, this could be very bad. I've been operating and building my characters on the assumption that this is a future version of the DC Universe. That's part of the reason why I keep having to retcon so much (the other part is my own indecisiveness/stupidity).

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, don't feel like you need to throw anything out. There's no reason the Sivanas and the Knights didn't exist 1,000 years ago just like in the DCU. You still have plenty of room to be creative! [Smile]
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Thank you!I love how Question Lad and everything I created with him is modern; he's an individualist and Nasger is essentially 16th century Portugal. I picture Nasgerians and their next-door rivals the Dutch Raltveech as these economic giants with tons of internal problems. It is unintentionally a huge contrast to the Roman Empire motiff you have going on, but somehow I think it will all work out.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I updated the Wiki today in reference to Lardy's two kids, Helena and Hugh to bring them up to date thru the recent events of "The Lord of the Oval" in which they are playing a big role. In Helena's case I finally created her article which had previously not existed.

In case anyone's curious the two are not based on my real kids at all. I have two boys, and they're 13 and 8. [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I also just updated the Hugemanbreasts article with a short addendum about his Earth-4 version, who was recently introduced in my Onevision called "The Covenant".

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I have updated my character's to their current status. I have also created an entry for Charltonburg. Anyone in the Chicagoland area might be able to recognize the inspirations for Charltonburg.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Yes, this could be very bad. I've been operating and building my characters on the assumption that this is a future version of the DC Universe. That's part of the reason why I keep having to retcon so much (the other part is my own indecisiveness/stupidity).
I agree with Cobie, don't worry too much about it. There are plenty of ways to get your creations to fit in with the LMB verse [Smile] I'm sure your additions will be welcomed, and I don't think you're changing anyone else's creations right? [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
PS I love this wiki! Created my own page too [Wink]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

quote:
Invisible Brainiac I agree with Cobie, don't worry too much about it. There are plenty of ways to get your creations to fit in with the LMB verse [Smile] I'm sure your additions will be welcomed, and I don't think you're changing anyone else's creations right? [Smile]

Most of it's just background information that sits in my notes, stuff pertaining to Emily's family that wouldn't come up in normal roleplaying or fanfiction. I share it occasionally with collaberators/friends because it's interesting.

A part of it is simply geography. My other character, Question Lad comes from this place called Nasger which I based on the Portuguese Empire. I just wonder where it would be in the context of the LMBverse (other than far).

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
PS I love this wiki! Created my own page too [Wink]

Please add as much as you like! I've added the two categories for the IB entry that all the LMB entries have. [Smile]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I need help with my article ... I'm deciding to completely separate Pbs and Disaster Boy, even though this is a slight retcon.

I'm not sure if I should just say Pbs is from Apokalypse (in the past or the Fourth World) ... or if I should make up a new race (and planets) similar to the New Gods/Eternals?

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.