Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
<Works his way thru the growing crowd, glad-handing everyone and soon the illusion that they have known "jose jimenenenez" for years is firmly set in each partygoer's mind.>

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<sees confusion on Arrow's face>

Sorry, Angra Metternich is the name of one of our biggest threats in recent years. He's a Durlan with great power even beyond the shape-shifting. He originally arrived as a supposed ambassador from a hostile power known as the Dark Oval.

It took a lot to defeat him, but he hid for a while and returned as one of the Five Faces of Death. At the end of that affair he was apparently destroyed. That doesn't mean there's not an alternate dimension version of him though. I always assumed Metternich used an assumed name.

There was also Madrox the Multiple Durlan. He's pretty powerful but was always more of a flunky type. I think he's locked up now. I'll double-check later.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"No, the alien is half-Kree, half-Skrull. Nrrev is a very sad story to say the least. I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't trying to enslave the galaxy." Red Arrow replied.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm. Dunno if we have any "Kree" or "Skrull" in our reality.

I wonder if you're from Earth-3? It sounds similar at least. We've documented 4 distinct realities thus far. Ours is Earth-1. Earth-2 has an analog to the LMB known as the Legion of Super Heroes.

Earth-4 is most similar to our reality with a lot of similar analogs to us. <grimaces> It's currently presumed destroyed.

Earth-3 is very dissimilar to ours, but we've documented an analog to our very own Nightcrawler having existed over there. Some of the names and races you've mentioned sound like ones we've heard of from there. However, it could just be a more similar reality to yours as Earth-4 was to ours.

I'll look into whether we have either of those races on our files. If we have genetic samples of either or both, that may help us trace whether or not this "Nrrev" is on Legion World.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
<waves> Good to see you, Roy! Cobalt, have you heard that Roy is part of my Elite Guard?

<looks up from his drink and for only the briefest second, the entire playboy facade completely drops>

I hadn't heard. Interesting choice.

<Cobalt quickly carries on as if he hadn't heard it but Lardy and others certainly notice; Cobalt does not for even one second glance in the direction of Sir Roy>

"Who?" says one of the Franzz Twins.

No one.

<even after all these years, Cobalt has never forgiven Roy for his days as the Royal Inquisitor and killing Giant Squid>

The ledger is not balanced yet.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Zardi, the Eternal Man:
<Works his way thru the growing crowd, glad-handing everyone and soon the illusion that they have known "jose jimenenenez" for years is firmly set in each partygoer's mind.>

Excuse me pool boy? Someone is going to slip with all this water everywhere. Why don't you grab a mop and take care of it?

<throws down two [Venturan Walking Money] who promptly walk away>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<walks over to Cobalt for a moment>

Not cool to treat Jose like that, Des.

<crouches in close>

Look, man, I felt Roy deserved a chance after all he's done for us recently. Plus, he needs this! Otherwise, he might...stray. You don't want that, do you?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<thinks it over>

I see your point and because you're vouching for him, I feel a lot better about it. All I can say is good luck. Some things you just can't get out of your head and seeing that murder happen right before my eyes has always stuck in my mind. This is your House now, and maybe its things like this that will help shake things up in a good way.

As for that Jose joker, who the heck is that? And why is when I walk by him my spiritual powers are yelling at me to go break his balls?

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

You don't remember Jose? He's been around the Office for years, man? He's the BEST!

By the way have you ever heard of any "Kree" or "Skrull" before?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Skrull? No, not really.

Kree sounds familiar though. Let me think for a sec...

<racking his brain for an answer>

Aha! Got it! When Mantis was a big part of Legion World and kind of was having flings with both me and Space Ranger she was always talking about some wackiness form her home planet. Which we call Earth-3 by the way. I definitely remember her talking about her history with the Kree. She mentioned several other crazy people and races so Skrull might have been one of the lesser important ones.

I believe on that world they call superheroes "Marvels". That's how I always remember it: the Marvels Universe.

(And Jose, eh? He must have been one of Space Ranger's additions)

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Well, Red Arrow over there is either from Earth-3 or something similar to it, I think. She's got a shape-shifter after her who's half-Kree/half-Skrull, she says.

So those races don't exist at all in this universe?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

As far as I know, neither exists in explored space. Of course, that hasn't stopped new races from being discovered--or discovering us--before.

I've often wondered what we could do should the Khanate of Sol Invictus or the Dark Oval be pacified and absorbed into the UP. And the first thing I'd do once things calmed down was send explorers into the galaxies beyond them.

<smiles>

Not that I plan on conquering them...tonight anyway [Wink]

Red Arrow, eh? Is she going to be a Security Officer? She may end up learning to love Legion World once she's saved it a few times. We sure did. [Big Grin]

<toasts Lardy's cup>

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yeah, she's really nice. <smiles over at her>

Dunno about the Kree and Skrulls. From what she says, I don't think they're from the far reaches of her galaxy.

Any chance they were among the species that your people wiped out?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<now Cobalt seems really surprised and sits back>

You know, you could very well be right. I'll find out and let you know. I know Ggrrggians had a well known hate for shape-shifters and believed in killing them on sight. Perhaps the Skrulls were a race they wiped out centuries ago and that's the reason for that part of the culture?

I wonder what year Red Arrow thinks it is? That could be a factor.

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow interrupted, "Oh no! In my universe the Kree and Skrulls were two of the three major powers that were closest to Earth. Their wars lasted for millenium before being solved by a human named Rick Jones. Both species fell on hard times...some Skrulls attempted to invade Earth. My grandfather became a hero in that war. The Kree became ruled by the Inhuman Royal Family and have been thriving at the expense of the Shi'ar. Funny enough, you guys remind me of Shi'ar races I have seen in the Kree Empire."

Red Arrow continued, "Nrrev has been a major concern. He wants to rule the universe and make everyone the same in an attempt to end all conflict. It's sad that it's the year 2029 and these things still happen...but maybe hatred is universal."

[ July 02, 2010, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Red Arrow ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.