Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space! (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
LY Lass,

well the only law I am practising right now is unbillable (pro bono)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
For good?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll bet Quis hopes it's not for good! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, when we had orientation at my law school, the dean explained what pro bono work was and I sat there thinking "That's what I want to do full time"

As for looking for paying legal work, there are a couple of things that are preventing me from looking.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Will you be required you recuse yourself from your lawyer duties here for the duration of your campaign (and term, if elected)? And if so, who is to be your locum tenens?

[ February 24, 2004, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Will you be required you recuse yourself from your lawyer duties here for the duration of your campaign (and term, if elected)? And if so, who is to be your locum tenens?

Well, I would not be able to make any legal decisions (as in the STU war).

But seeing as I mostly am just providing legal information and not advice, I think the Super Law Office of Space can remain open if I am elected.

--------------------

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Okay, so the LSH and the L. of Sub. H. have always been on good terms (once the LSH knew about the Subs anyway).

If the LSH didn't want their organization's name to be followed so closely by the Subs, though, what would you recommend?

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The All-Pinch-Hitters Squad!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

I meant legal-wise, sweetie. Quis needs the biz! (*tee hee!*)
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Leap Year Lass:
Okay, so the LSH and the L. of Sub. H. have always been on good terms (once the LSH knew about the Subs anyway).

If the LSH didn't want their organization's name to be followed so closely by the Subs, though, what would you recommend?

Well first you would have to see if the LSH had registered their name as an organization. Mostly RJ Brnade did this.

Then they could file suit against the subs and request an injunction to prohibit them from using that name. The LSH would have to show some harm in letting the Subs continue to use their name. also the longer they allow the Subs to use the name after they first hear about it, the less likely they would succeed in getting the injunction.

I remember a case in RI. There was a pizza chain there called "Pizza Pizza" At the time Little Ceasars used "Pizza Pizza" as their slogan. Little Ceasars successfully sued the other place and they had to change their name. They choice "Pizza Pie-er"

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
The All-Pinch-Hitters Squad!

better than "the Sour Grapes"

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
"The Sour Grapes" - now that would be a great name for the Appeals division of your Super Law Firm.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
"The Sour Grapes" - now that would be a great name for the Appeals division of your Super Law Firm.

Nope the Appeals division is called "Second Bite at the Apple"

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Then, could the LSH have successfully sued the LSV for the same thing? Now that would be one hell of a Legion story!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Then, could the LSH have successfully sued the LSV for the same thing? Now that would be one hell of a Legion story!

Presumably. Although I think the LSV would not care about any judge's ruling or injunction. They are villians after all.

Actually a better story would be to have the LSV go back in time and register their name first and then sue the LSH.

--------------------

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.