Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the invite, Cobalt, I won't be able to post regularly for a while, but I'm looking forward to when school's out again. Legion World's the best vacation spot around! [Big Grin] And 22's not so old, you could still pass for 18, couldn't you? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Welocme Invisible Brainiac! Glad to have you on board. But, as a former teacher I would encourage you to keep up with your schoolwork and not let LW interfere with that. Getting good grades now will get you a great job later which will allow you to spend as much time on LW as you want in the future! (How's that for incentive?)

V

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Kill the kids! Oh, just kidding.

IB There are a lot of teachers around here. Now go do your mathematics.

Of course, if you stay around here, like all good teachers I will either put on a video and tell you to let me sleep, or I'll tell you the story of how I got myself smuggled onto the Philippines.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Blockade, I'd like to hear how you got yourself smuggled out of the Phillipines. Or were they glad to see you go?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Well, Blockade, I'd like to hear how you got yourself smuggled out of the Phillipines. Or were they glad to see you go?

Heh, getting out didn't occur to me while getting smuggled in and yeah I think they were happy to get rid of me. Not having an entrance visa caused a bit of a problem when trying to buy a flight out to Hong Kong.

I think I'll (unashamedly) tell my story anyhow. This is a Who are you thread.

I was in Northern Borneo over the Ramadan and headed towards Brunei then to the mainland. Well for history buffs, remember Oliver North? In addition to other things, he ratted out the Sultan of Brunei, that the Sultan had given money to contras. Sultan not happy, said to US citizens, No entry to you! without visa. To get a visa you had to be on the mainland which I couldn't get to because I had to go through Brunei to get there! Not wanting to pay for a flight (cheap bastard that I am) I go to looking at the maps for a way out. Hmmmm, southern Philipines is close. There are smugglers and pirates that bring goods from Malasia into the southern Philipines, bypassing customs and duty in the only legit port of entry, a thousand miles to the north. I went to a Malay friend I had made, whose father worked for their coastguard. I asked him, had anyone ever tried to hitch with the pirates?

The father didn't like the idea, knew I was going to do it on my own, so HE found a boat on which he thought I would be safe. After an overnight in the harbor and customs returned the captain's guns, eventually I was smuggled into Jolo, which is the region where the rebels (now Al Quaida) center. From there, with help, I worked my way north to Manila seeing one of the most beautiful countries on Earth, climbed a volcano, played in the rice terraces, and generally saw and met some of the most fantastic and friendly people. Oh by the way, if some lady comes up to you and regales you with stories of her daughter, how smart she is, how she can sing and play piano...Mom is looking for to marry off said daughter. Run.

As to getting out. Without the entrance visa, I was unsuccessful in trying to buy a flight out. I could try to hitch on a cargo ship, something I had done leaving Papua New Guinea in an as yet untold story but I didn't want to do THAT again.

Well, immigration had their way with me (or I with them).

After I told the first table how I entered, they shook their head and said "you came in the back way?" Apparently having a name for coming in by the southern islands with smugglers. [Big Grin]

I got passed from table to window to table with the same response until finally I was hooked up with a guy name Ali Badjao. That has two connotations. He was muslim (in catholic northern Philipines) and he was from the south where originated the badjao pirates.

He was all good about it. His concern was that I was involved in arms or drugs, or that I might have info leading to such types. He had a good laugh about it, took me out to lunch, and had a backdated visa written into my passport so I have proof of the whole story!

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
All I can say is WOW! Now that's a story!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
All I can say is, I lead a dull and boring life.
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
BB you should get together with Sonnie and swap stories - he's the king of being deported but somehow getting away with it and he still gets Xmas cards from the Police forces involved - I'll let him tell it!

I wish I'd done something exciting on my holidays now.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Great story, BB! Glad you enjoyed your stay here, and thanks for complimenting my country! If you ever want to come back, I know a whole bunch of old ladies trying to marry off their daughters... I hope you can speak Chinese! (I'm a Chinese-Filipino, not of pure-native blood) But at least the food will be just as good, if not better, than Chinese take-out! Oh, BB and Vee too, thanks for the concern about my studies, don't worry, I still study enough to make it to the honor roll, and if I ever get the equivalent of a big fat "F", it won't be because of Legion World! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
BB you should get together with Sonnie and swap stories - he's the king of being deported

Ha! now THAT sounds like fun!

And one of my favorite things is swapping stories. I LOVE listening to people talk about the things and experiences they have I do not, like their kids or going to the Opera (better to listen than to go
[Wink] )

[ November 20, 2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Blockade Boy, now that is one interesting story! Wow! I can't wait to hear Sonnie's too!

I feel like I live a boring life too...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I feel like I live a boring life too...

Not everyone can be deported, dear... some people have to content themselves with being depraved [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Princess [Wink] ! Depravity is a speciality of mine too...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Moo.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Stu, puppies do not moo,
Even though you think they do.
It's time for you to really bark,
And scare away burglars in the dark.

You are SHAKES' best defense
Against the Inquisitor's new offense
To try and steal our precious booze,
Without you, Stu, we'd surely lose.

Bite him quick and bite him hard
Chase him running into the the yard.
Make sure he never comes to SHAKES again
Unless it is to pick up men.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.