Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 133)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  130  131  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sadly, my computer has no speakers and is too slow for You Tube. [Frown]

I have always loved Weird Al, though. [Smile]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Click the below for assistance, Stealth.

Click Here For A SpoilerUh huh, extra cheese.
Uh huh, Uh huh, save a piece for me.

Pizza party at your house,
I went just to check it out.
19 extra larges,
What a shame, no one came.
Just us, eatin' all alone,
You said, "take the pizza home.
No sense lettin' all this go to waste,"
So then I faced

Pizza all day, and everyday, there's cheese 'round the clock,
Is gettin' me blocked, And I sure don't care for irregularity.

Tell me,
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated
'Cause right now I'd do anything to just get my bowels evacuated,
In the bathroom.
I sit and I wait and I strain and I sweat and I clench and I feel the pain
Oh, should I take a laxative or have my colon irrigated.
No, no, no.

I was feelin' pretty down,
'Til my girlfriend came around.
We're just so alike in every way, I gotta say.
In fact, I just thought I might,
pop the question there that night.
I was kissin' her so tenderly,
But woe is me.

Who would've guessed, her family crest.
I'd suddenly spy, tattoo'd on her thigh.
And son of a gun, it's just like the one on me.
Tell me.

How was I supposed to know we were both related?
Believe me if I knew she was my cousin we never would've dated.
What to do now?
Should I go ahead and propose and get hitched and have kids with 11 toes,
And move to Alabama where that kinda' thing is tolerated.
No, no, no.

(no no)x11
(oooh)
I had so much on my mind,
I thought maybe I'd unwind.
Try out that new roller coaster ride,
And the guide...

Said not to stand, but that's a demand,
That I couldn't meet, I got on my feet,
And stood up instead and knocked off my head you see!
Tell me!

Why'd I have to go and get myself decapitated?
This really is a major inconvenience, oh man I really hate it.
It's such a drag now.
can't eat, I can't breathe, I can't snore, I can't belch or yodel anymore,
Can't spit or blow my nose or even read Sports Illustrated.
Oh no!

Why'd I have to go and get myself all mutilated? (yeah yeah)
I gotta tell ya, life without a head kinda makes me irritated.
What a bummer.
I can't blink, I can't cough, I can't sneeze.
But my neck is enjoyin' a pleasant breeze now.
Haven't been the same since my head and I were separated.
No, no, no.

The funny thing is: I finally heard the "original" song at my temp job earlier this week. It's kind of funny/sad that Al put more work into his take-off of Lavigne than Lavigne put into the original. She only wrote one lyric. Tsk. What a hack. I am offended on behalf of middle children all over the world.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]

Thanks, Cleome.

The "original" song and its equally obnoxious music video (Avril and her designer-punk pals running amok) were a major irritant back in the day.

I used to nickname her "Avril Latrine."

I'm ashamed to admit though, that one of her later songs is a guilty pleasure of mine:

Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend!
No way, no way, I think you can do better

[Embarrassed]

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[sigh]

I've done a lot of catching up in the last two weeks with popular music, since the radio's on all day at the temp gig. Really, I wish that I'd been able to remain ignorant. :/

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I don't know. Compared to pop music circa 1999, pop music circa 2009 is an embarassment of riches. But that's just my opinion. [shrug]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
They play that "girlfriend" song/video at my gym. The guy in the video is rather cute.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

That would be a great song to exercise to. I'll bet it's popular with cheerleading squads, too.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm afraid I have no idea what that song sounds like, but I am woefully ignorant of most popular music.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Tell me about it. I don't recognize most of the singers for the videos my gym plays.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I've only heard Lavigne's song because it was used as the soundtrack for an anime fan video. In that context, it was fine.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My musical tastes have always been odd. I never liked what the other kids in school liked. Even now, I would rather hear classical, Broadway or pop standards than what was popular when I was a kid. Choral music is my very favorite, of course.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

During the 80s, my musical tastes were totally in tune with those of the masses. Then in the early 90s, the music industry started force-feeding us grunge and gangsta rap. I spat them back out. Almost 20 years later, those twin monoliths of aural ugliness continue to pollute the atmosphere.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I grew up in the '70s, so that era still informs much of my musical preference. By the 1980s, I was looking backwards to the Beatles and other bands that had been around since the '60s. The "new wave" of MTV-era music was to be tolerated, more or less, until the rebirth of heavy metal with Def Leppard, Quiet Riot, and others, in 1983-84.

Then it seemed as if even the "heavy metal" bands were doing power ballads (Poison, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," Kiss, "Forever"). I listened to American Top 40 faithfully until 1990, when pop music seemed to be overrun by Madonna clones and rap. Afterwards, I occasionally found music I liked, but I was never as "into" it as previously.

Then, somewhere in the early 2000s, I began to realize that "music" was bigger than pop music, and that I could enjoy a wide range of material, from country to classical. (I'm still not a huge fan of jazz, but I bet it's only a matter of time.) These days, I listen to range of stuff when I'm driving--I'm not even sure what much of it is, and I couldn't be happier: I'm just going with the moment instead of trying to keep up with a genre or identify an artist. At home, silence reigns (there's something to be said for space in the mind and freedom from distraction). But when I'm feeling blue or just retro, I'll dig those old '60s, '70s, and early '80s videos on YouTube.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

OMG, Huey, by mentioning Def Leppard you reminded me of something I almost forgot to post at my Synthetic Sanctuary. Thank you.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You're welcome. [Sun Boy]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  130  131  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.