Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 133)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  130  131  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Comparisons of the teabagger movement to the Nativists/KKK of the 1920s.

APBM,

How would you deal with going cold turkey on TV? What would you do instead?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not *too* enthralled with TV, so it wouldn't be too hard for me. I would probably just read more, write more and could go online. I generally only watch TV at the end of the night and even then not every night.

APBM,

What's a hobby you like to do that gets you out of the house but does not involve (A) drinking or going to a bar and (B) working out for the sake of being in shape?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I love junk shops and thrift stores. I'm capable of losing entire Saturdays in one or more of my favorite haunts, even when I can't buy much of anything.

Against People's Better Morals

What's your sign, Baby?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Stop! [Wink]

I'm a Virgo, though I don't put a whole lot of stock in it. It's fun to read now a horoscope now and then, but I don't run my life by it.

Abs Pecs Biceps Muscles,
What is one physical characteristic you almost always find attractive on a person of the same/opposite/whatever-your-attracted-to gender?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
A nice looking face.

APBM,

What is the one thing you would change about the world if you could only change one thing?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I would have people REALLY listen to each other.
So many problems could be solved if people would just listen to others are saying

ABPM,

You just became leader of the astronomical society. Will you make Pluto a planet again?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Indeed. Not, mind you, based upon any driving need for astronomical accuracy but, rather, because I like clever mnemonics. I was raised on "My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine Planets" and now I'm forced to reconcile myself with ""My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us... Nothing."

APBM,

What are your retirement plans? (I'm not referring to your portfolio but, rather, what are you going to do?)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
We've talked about moving to Florida, probably the Orlando area ... I'd like to work for Disney, maybe at the Disney Institute giving backstage tours ...

APBM,

Same question ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
We've talked about moving to Florida, probably the Orlando area ... I'd like to work for Disney, maybe at the Disney Institute giving backstage tours ...

I woulda thought you might covet a certain job on a certain ride at Universal, Shark Lad! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Not since Spielberg and I had our bitter falling out over my name not appearing above the title of the film ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Retirement? I can't ever imagine it at this point! The only way I can see myself retiring would be to become a multi-millionaire and then pursue opportunities where I can waste a few million, such as start my own comic book company. That would be like retirement.

But I guess maybe own my own place in Key West for constant trips down.

APBM,

Do you have a favorite board game (now or from your youth)?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Eurorails!
you get to build railroads all over Europe with crayons (on an erasable board), and pick up and deliver loads based on demand cards.
There are other regional and even fantasy variants of this game, too. But I'd be amazed if any of you have years of them.

APBM,
What do you think of the old silent film era?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Enjoy it! Note I didn't say I "love it" because I feel like that would be exaggerating. But I got to see some great silent films when I took a film class in college and really grew to have an appreciation for what was being accomplished.

I also think Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin were great. But my favorite of them was Harold Lloyd, who I got to really delve into.

APBM,

What's your favorite era of Westerns? If not a fan, do you have one you prefer better than the rest?

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never been a big fan of Westerns, but I liked Young Guns pretty well.. and I'm looking forward to Jonah Hex.

APBM,

What is your favorite type of music..?

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I really go all over the place in my musical tastes... but the last couple years, Blues from about the 20's to the 40's has really emerged as my go-to genre.

APBM,

Has anyone that you've ever met online later turned into a real-world friend? To clarify, not simply someone that you'll hang out with at a Comic-Con or whatnot, but someone that you'd consider close?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  130  131  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.