Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 130)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It changed all the time...Probably A-Team for quite a while.

APBM,
same question...

What was your favorite show when you were a kid?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Everyone's probably expecting me to say Transformers, but that was middle school. In grade school, it was a Mexican kids sitcom called "El Chavo Del Ocho", about a homeless kid (played by a middle-aged man, legendary Mexican comedian Chespirito) and his daily misadventures in a poor neighborhood. It was mostly slapstick and catchphrases, but there was an undercurrent of social satire (the block's landlord is named Senor Barriga -- Mister Belly -- and he's grossly fat while his tenants starve, and one of the running gags is that Chavo always (accidentally?) hits him at least once every episode) and even moments of genuine poignancy.

APBM,

Have you ever watched Spanish-language television (whether or not you speak Spanish doesn't matter)?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
yes, I used to love watching Univision once in a while and trying to figure out what was going on.

Also, while visiting my sister in Costa Rica a few years ago, I saw some local and regional programming, to.

APBM,

what is your favorite foreign language to listen to (whether or not you understand it)?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
There a bunch but it's probably a tie between German (I love the way in which it is so forceful at times) and French (which just sounds very beautiful). I understand a little French but no German.

I also like listening to Japanese.

APBM,

What's a language you'd love to learn if you had the time?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Italian. Then I could go to Italy and buy reprints of classic Italian Disney stories, and understand the dialogue (except for the many stories translated into Spanish that I read in grade school.)

APBM,

Same question.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Arabic. Seriously, then I could understand a lot more of what is being said around me, plus I could probably get a nice govt. job.

APBM,

Same question.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Japanese. In addition to the job opportunities, I'd love to be able to visit Japan and really experience it. And I really like the way it sounds.

APBM,

same question

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
German. Me and the wife want to go to the grspop metal festival in German sometime. (Its pretty much the biggest metal festival in the world).
It would be nice to speak the local language when we get there.

APBM,
What is the most recent movie you watched?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched "Raging Bull" this evening. My local Hollywood Video store is closing down and are liquidating their inventory for .99 cents per DVD, so I snagged that puppy along with "The Deerhunter" and "There Will be Blood". Three great films for about the third the price of an actual ticket to the movies... can't beat that.

APBM,

If your house was burning down (and assuming that all of your loved ones and pets are already safe) what is the one "thing" that you would want saved?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

My Transformers DVDs.

APBM,

Same question.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

My Curt Swan signed copy of Superboy #98.

APBM,

Same question.

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My computer. After all, it helps me connect to LW.

APBM,

What is the most significant thing you've learned in the last week?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
That Kent and Lardy switched avatars and that Lardy is now going by the handle "Officer Taylor." (It was a slow week.)

APBM,

Same question.

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Just watched "Raging Bull" this evening.

What?! You dirty voyeur!

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq Quislet, Esq has just turned 55
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I learned that English owes its grammatical structure to the Celtic language rather than the German.

APBM,

What is your favorite dessert of all?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.