Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » LWMB Top 40 (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: LWMB Top 40
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Much like Terrell Owens, I blame my slower rate of posting on EDE and Lash for *their* slower rate of posting!

And cleome--wow, that's impressive!

Er, for those that don't realize it, famed football player Terrell Owens is also a major Legion fan who posts here under the username Thora!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Much like Terrell Owens, I blame my slower rate of posting on EDE and Lash for *their* slower rate of posting!

And cleome--wow, that's impressive!

Er, for those that don't realize it, famed football player Terrell Owens is also a major Legion fan who posts here under the username Thora!
I *knew* it!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
I would think a differential line would be interesting, subtract each post count from the one above. THAT, will tell us the dividing lines between degrees of, "has a life" and "doesn't." lol.

You can do such a list, if you have the time. [Wink] Meanwhile, here are some other stats that I find interesting:

The range (largest number minus the smallest number): 21,590

Number of posters who have posted more than 100 times in the last month: 13 (32.5 percent)

The breakdown of the latter is as follows:

cleome--580

Quis--362

Lardi--260
Kent--252
Cobie--244
me--224
Loser--205

EDE--188
Stealth--169
FC--123
LASH--114
rick--113
Luna--104

Aside from the two outliers (cleome and Quis), most of us seem to be clustered around the middle 200s or lower 100s. I don't know if this represents some sort of statistical norm, but it is interesting.

Number of Top 40 members who haven't posted at all in the last month: 8 (20 percent).

One of those, of course, has passed away (Yk). But that also means that there is room for fresh blood in the Top 40, should those "bubbling beneath" the chart increase their posting.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Some random notes on the numbers:

Quis, the #1 poster, has more than double the posts of all other posters except the next five (so from #7 onwards). I, Cobalt Kid ( [Wink] ), the #2 poster, have more than double the posts of all posters from #12 onwards. And Lash, #3, has double the posts of all posters from #14 onwards. Its amazing how staggering the largest posts can be (and how embarrassing too at times [Eek!] ).

Legion World currently has 519,638 posts in its history. Of that number, the top 10 posters have 31.47% of the posts on Legion World. Even more astounding, the top 5 posters haev 19.43% posts on Legion World. I'd do more, but I'm lazy [Big Grin] . Now a lot of that is spread out over 6 and 1/2 years, but its interesting to note how prevalent some voices have been across all things LW. In other words, the opinion of someone regarding an era of the Legion might also be that very same voice creating the opinion on another comic or TV show elsewhere on LW. The top posters are like the major (5) news media corporations! [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
T posters in the middle of the pack (200s) still averaged less than 10 posts a day. Certainly not an outrageous clip. Clee was the only one to average more than 20 posts a day.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Jeepers! I remember when 188 posts would've been about two days worth!

I remember when 188 posts used to be a slow Saturday night. *sigh*
From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
December 1, 2009 UPDATE

The top half of the list is completely stable this time, while the second half is where all the action is. A lot of this is due to cleome, who effortlessly glides up another six notches to no. 25!

For that matter, of the four posters who move up this month, three are women. In addition to cleome, Stealth climbs a notch to no.33, while Arachne bounces back to no. 38. Just to show that the guys are not totally idle, rickshaw1 leaps two notches to no. 35.

Overall, however, movement on the chart seems to be slowing down. There is a large number of posters who haven't posted at all in the last month, including some long-time regulars. Even among the regulars who have posted, only a few have logged more than 100 posts. Could this be due to end of the year blahs, the absence of a regular Legion comic, or even message board burnout? It will be interesting to see if this trend continues in the months ahead.

1. Quislet, Esq.—25,372 (+368)
2. Cobalt Kid—22,188 (+112)
3. MLLASH—19,387 (+167)
4. Lightning Lad—17,886 (+0)
5. Kent Shakespeare—16,828 (+0)
6. Eryk Davis Ester—16,810 (+192)
7. Lardi—12,202 (+338)
8. Fat Cramer—11,680 (+87)
9. Outdoor Miner—11,274 (+14)
10. Vee—11,201 (+17)

11. Pov—11,116 (+58)
12. He Who Wanders—10,712 (+160)
13. Stu—10,000 (+0)
14. Rockhopper Lad—9418 (+235)
15. Sketch Lad—8928 (+88)
16. Mystic Luna—8368 (+8)
17. Drake B3004—8361 (+4)
18. Nightcrawler—8076 (+12)
19. Reboot—7889 (+16)
20. Semi Transparent Fellow—7804 (+0)

21. Kid Prime—6345 (+0)
22. Loser Lad—6054 (+56)
23. Abin Quank—5900 (+0)
24. Spellbinder—5323 (+1)
25 (31). cleome—5050 (+460)
26 (25). dedman—4884 (+0)
27 (26). Tamper Lad—4864 (+5)
28 (27). Ultra Jorge—4805 (+10)
29 (28). Faraway Lad—4779 (+0)
30 (29). Caliente—4698 (+0)

31 (30). Invisible Brainiac—4636 (+2)
32. Future—3837 (+0)
33 (34). Stealth—3744 (+203)
34 (33). Blockade Boy—3692 (+42)
35 (37). rickshaw1—3536 (+62)
36 (35). the boy with UltraPowers—3526 (+0)
37 (36). Yk—3494 (+0)
38 (39). Arachne—3470 (+22)
39 (38). icefire—3458 (+0)
40. Lad Boy—3424 (+10)

[ December 01, 2009, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Historically, November and most of December is the slowest time ever on Legion World. This has been the case the last several years--I remember the winter of 2004 being one of the most notable lulls ever.
Eryk Davis Ester

I'm amazed that more than a quarter of the Top Posters haven't posted at all in the past month.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Resting on their Laurels (Kent and Gand, natch.)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Well, *I* wouldn't mind resting on *those* Laurels! [Wink]
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

While our Kent is resting on his laurels, Eryk is on the verge of stealing back the no. 5 spot.

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Steady is the turtle. I've been passed before, and posters have disappeared.

Just saying...

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
While our Kent is resting on his laurels, Eryk is on the verge of stealing back the no. 5 spot.

Back in the Top 5 now!
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Congratulations!

--------------------

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  53  54  55   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.