Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Autumn will be here soon.... (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Autumn will be here soon....
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
WE GOT SOME DAMNED SNOW FLURRIES TODAY!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
We got some snow flurries today!!! YAY!!!

[Big Grin]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
We got some snow flurries today!!! YAY!!!

[Big Grin]
WE GOT SOME DAMNED SNOW FLURRIES TODAY!!!

[LOL]
[Wink]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Chill November brings the blast
Hark, the leaves are whirling fast!

And they really are. Right outside my window. The poplar leaves are small and yellow, so against the gray sky and the evergreens they look pretty damn dramatic as they come down.

The Sid was disturbed by the neighbors' leaf blower this morning. Can't say I blame him. Leaf blowers on your lawn, people? C'mon! Unless you're ninety years old or in traction, suck it up and use a rake!

[No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer Fat Cramer has just turned 117
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Last chance for autumn...

and re: leaf blowers - someone wrote that running a leaf blower was like taking a chain saw through a Mozart concerto.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, almost totally dark inside at 7:34pm --a solid hour earlier than just a couple weeks ago!

Autumn will be here soon and I can't wait!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Although to be honest, this year wasn't nearly as bad as last year or 2010. June and July were absolutely horrid but like in 2009 (documented earlier in this thread-- I love that!!), our August has been surprisingly mild-esque thus far. A handful of days so far with highs only in the 80s and not the standard 90-100s.

Still, Summer can kiss my delightful ass. Bring on the cool!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
this eve was very autumnal in feel - warm and breezy but not hot. Even the first noticeable traces of small leaves down on some of the trees.

the seasons are not as powerful and different as they traditionally are back home, but I always enjoy seeing the hints of autumn at this time of year.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes! Autumn approaches!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Forecast calls for highs of 88-90 and lows of 68-72. I approve.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Saturday was very autumnal out here in the SF Bay area. Gone back to summery since then, with some cool eves/early morns.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
It is still nice and warm here, 27C today and it is still 18C outside now (at 0100am).
However it is getting dark much earlier, dark around 0900pm now. Soon it'll be sundown by 0430pm [Frown]

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
 -  -  -
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
We got down to about 65F this morning here in Houston, which is the coolest temperature we've had since May. The high today may not hit 90F, which would be the first non-rainy day that's happened in about as long.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Had the windows open all night (they still are). It got down to the 50s! *dreamy sigh* 75 right now. *dreamy sigh*

Not to worry, I hear we will be trending up to awful temps again this week. August may have been milder than normal but September has been a hot brutal pain in the ass until yesterday! *agitated grunt*

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.