Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 129)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
more so than I'd like. I really hope the positive swing I was on from Thursday to Saturday hasn't sputtered out already. We'll see.

Al Pratt Being Munchkin:

Favorite potato-based dish or side (not counting French fries)?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Oven-roasted new potatoes with oil, rosemary, parsley and garlic or white onion. Parboiled in a little broth before baking, but never peeled. Peeling is for losers.

Add Pepper, Bring Muller-Thurgau

Same question

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
My mother's mashed potatoes. Don't ask me how its made, because I can't cook to save my life.

APBM,

Favorite red meat based dish?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Beef Stroganoff.
Me and Corrinne have our own recipes for this dish and both are awesome.

ABPM,

Favorite vegetable based dish?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
If dining out: dry-sauteed string beans at the Chinese restaurant, over fried rice.

If dining in: a "Portland Salad." Plenty of lettuce, with a berry vinaigrette, sliced ripe pear, toasted hazelnuts (chopped) and crumbled goat or blue cheese.

Allow Patrons Big Menus

Ever work in a restaurant? If so, what did you do and what type of place was it?

[ March 15, 2010, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, I worked for about 5 years as a cook.
I generally moved from one place to another whenever I got sick of the menu.
Last place I worked I was at for 1 1/2 years, where I was kitchen manager and head cook.
It was a pasta place.

APBM,

Ever work retail and if you did, where was it?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
While in college, I worked part-time in a comic book shop. It was a very small shop in a downtown mall in Providence RI

Annapolis Providence Boston Miami,

Where would you like to visit but have never been to?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I've been asked this before and it changes from time to time, but right now I really want to go to Greece. In Grad School my focus was Roman history but I loved all of the classics and Greek history as well. I'd love to go to Greece and get in touch with all of that. Specifically Thermopylae, which always meant a real lot to my father and I (he's share's the same passion, unrelated to Frank Miller).

APBM,

same question

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
For me it would be Austrailia. I've always wanted to see kangaroos.

APBM,

This has been asked. What historical event would you like to have, safely, witnessed?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Neil Armstrong walking on the moon ...

APBM,

Same question

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The moment the American public learned Germany had surrendered in WWII, and then when Japan surrendered.

I feel like that would have been a feeling that people who were alive on those days would never forget.

(As I write that, I'm reminded of Vonnegut's intro to "Breakfast of Champions", which I've always found very moving, when he references Armistice Day).

APMB,
same question

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Not intending to stir up any controversy over historical veracity, but I'd like to have been present at some of the more miraculous events described in the Gospels, particularly the one due to be celebrated this weekend. I would just like to see through 21st century eyes, the things recorded by writers of the 1st, and draw my own conclusions. My name is Thomas, after all.

APBM,

What, if anything, would you like to leave as your personal legacy?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My fan fictions. I have very few illusions left about ever being able to write for a living, and, truth be told, when you factor in editors, publishers, demographics, plus the fact that very few professional writers are able to avoid a steep decline in quality as they get older. With no one to answer to and with writing as nothing but a hobby, I'm confident I'll keep turning out good stories for the rest of my life, and helping people escape for a little while into better worlds.

APBM,

Same question.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Nothing I can think of. Just some happy memories to a few people.

APBM,

What was your favorite show when you were a kid?

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

I had a lot of shows I really liked but I think "Airwolf" would have been my top show.

APBM,
Same question

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.