Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 128)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm actually in school now, had to go back to get a better job.
I'm studying Power Engineering. 5 days left and then I start work.

APBM,
What gift gave you the greatest joy as a child?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Probably for me it was G.I. Joes when I was really little or CDs/music when I was a pre-teen. Those were my favorite things to get for Christmas and my birthday. Around age 12 I became really into music and that lasted until the end of high school. Once it became easy to get it for free online, I actually kind of became more of a passive listener...I never really thought of it before. Maybe I liked the thrill of the chase for obscure stuff in record stores. I was never into video games throughout my whole life.

APBM,

What's something all the other kids loved as a gift / hobby / pastime that you found rather dull or annoying?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
My siblings loved team sports, [softball team, swim team, etc.] whereas I only participated in them under duress. To this day, I'd rather do my yoga or all-too-infrequent cycling by myself. I just plain don't enjoy fitness stuff at all unless it's in relative solitude.

Alone, Places Become Magnificent

Who or what was your first post on Legion World about?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I dunno, it was 7.25 years ago.

But it was probably in response/conversation with Cobie or Ibby (Invisible Brainiac, a fellow newbie at the time).

Alt Poster Being Meaningful,

same Q

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It was in Gary's L.E.G.I.O.N. thread, and I was asking if it was okay if I posted reviews of L.E.G.I.O.N. re-reads. I got friendly replies and warm welcomes, and realized right away what a special place this is.

APBM,
Same question

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My first post was in a thread introducing myself.

I was using a Cos avatar at that point, because Cos is my favorite Legionnaire. It's a little embarrassing to see how I was posting then.

Adelie Penguins Bring Mulberries:
Same question.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
My first post was dropping by to say hi after meeting a bunch of you in SD. I just now realized that YK was the first to welcome me. [Frown]

APBM,

Same question (it's a good'un.)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure, I think it was in a welcome thread welcoming me to Legionworld

APBM,

good question so same again

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
It was either a thread in response to welcoming me to Legion World in which I also said hi to several posters I hadn't talked to in months (the LMB: Lash, Cru, Pov, etc.) *or* it may have been a post inside SHAKES which was where everyone was posting. The SHAKES post ironically was where none of the posters I knew were posting and so I "accidentally" ended up meeting several other great posters just about right away: Semi, Vee, Arachne, FC, Abin, Harbinger and Icefyre. I also remember asking about what happened to Space Tart where Lash classically told me "Oh Cobie, we're so sorry, she died"...classic in-character LMB hellos after over a year of not talking to one another.

APBM,

same question

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I really want to answer this, but I honestly have no idea at all. None. Nada. Zip.

APBM,

same question

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't remember either. It was almost 7 years ago. I'm lucky if I remember what I said yesterday.

Amnesia Perhaps Brain Melt,

Who is your favorite relative and why?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Excluding my parents of course...
My Aunt Doreen. During a period of difficult times, she helped me out a lot. Nothing big, but hundreds of little things.

APBM,

Panda Bears...awesome animal, or awesomest animal?

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Overrated animal ... along with dolphins ...

APBM,

How many email addresses do you use on a regular basis?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Two. My personal Gmail account and my work e-mail, which I use for professional purposes. I have a few others, but I rarely use them.

APBM,
Same question.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Three. One for general stuff, one for political mailings, and one for fan-related stuff like the LMB.

All Perusals By Monday

Is the time-change affecting your mood today?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.