Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 124)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Raging Bull:

APBM,

Do you have any nicknames in real life?

Just a few: Tony, Branche, Antny, Anty-Branche, Branchewater, Per, Per-Branche, Per-Branche-Per-Antny-Per-Water, A-Train, Antoine, Antonio & Taylo are all among them......all just off the top of my head. [LOL]

Antny Please Brang Milk,

Do you ever use the word "farty" in a sentence? If not or even if so, do you ever use the terms "win" and "fail" likethey are used in internet speak? (ex: "That movie was fail." "These cookies are win!")

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget "Anfernee" (used by a certain poster on these boards)! The other nicknames I have for you are "National Anthony" and "American Anthony." And I think I told you this before, but to me "Branchewater" sounds like the name of an elf who lives by a river somewhere in Middle Earth.

I've only used the word "farty" in a sentence once -- this sentence. And I do use "fail" with some regularity -- usually emphasizing it with a facepalm.

APBM,

Are you teh 1337?

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
(National Anthony and American Anthony? Are those used to distinguish me from other Anthonys you know?!?! Oh, and to get the effect of how "Branchewater" sounds, pronounce the "a" in "branche" like the a-sound in "ain't" and be sure to put some twang in it--the "e" is silent! Also the whole "branche" thing stems from there being a pond or stream called Anthony Branch in a park where my relatives grew up.)

I have no effin' idea what "teh 1337" is!?!?!

Arby Please Brief Me,

What is "teh 1337"?!?!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
Taylo the Ant-Man,

I'll refer to Urban Dictionary for the answer:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teh

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=1337

BTW, "American Anthony" and "National Anthony" derive from the fact that Anthony sounds like "anthem." "Anth" is another, shorter nickname I just remembered. (What's the "Per" from?)

APBM,

Should Archie marry Betty, Veronica, or someone else?

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
He should marry Reggie Mantle.

Archie Pops Betty Moose,

What historical event would you like to witness?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
It would be so hot to see that day me and Halle Berry,.. oh wait, that didn't happen.

Neal Armstrong's moon step. It'd be funny to hand him a Welcome Wagon basket.

APBM

This is always a fun question. Let's stick with it.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The Constitutional Convention.

APBM:

Which is larger -- the number of friends from childhood with whom you are still in contact or the number of posters on LW whom you consider to be friends?

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
LW easily. I'm only in contact with maybe half a dozen childhood friends, and all of those are through facebook.
There are far more people here I'd consider friends, even though most of you I haven't actually met.

APBM:

What (besides comics) do you collect?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not a big collector, but I do have a fairly-good sized collection of penguin things (paperweights, statuettes, ornaments etc.), mostly given as gifts over the years. I also have a few beagle and Peanuts (mostly Charlie Brown) things. My Christmas tree has a penguin/beagle/Charlie Brown theme.

I also have a collection of about 25 hymnals.

APBM,

I like Lad Boy's question. Let's ask it again:
Which is larger -- the number of friends from childhood with whom you are still in contact or the number of posters on LW whom you consider to be friends?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I've returned to live in the same city I grew up in and teach in the same neighborhood I grew up in. I'd say the number of childhood friends.

I would say though that we reminisce more about days after school then during, except maybe when one of our parents passes. Then it's usually about high school.

My best friend from grade school long moved away to S. Carolina and he passed while mowing the lawn, maybe ten years ago.

APBM

Do you enjoy mowing the lawn?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
It has been years since I have had to mow a lawn. But when I did, I didn't mind the mowing part. I liked the raking up less.

APBM,

What is your worse chore?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate taking out the recyclables ... plastics I don't mind, but bundling up papers makes me mental ...

APBM,

Has the poor economy changed your life in any significant way?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah. I could be here for an hour talking about it. Let's just say that every month that the house doesn't go into foreclosure has come to seem like a magical surprise gift.

Another Plutocrats' Bailout Manifests

What's your favorite fruit, and how do you like to prepare it?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

lol oh this one could be so much fun. I think I'll stand here and see what happens.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

This answer is probably going to disappoint Blockade Boy.

Apples are my favorite fruit. Way to prepare? Tied between raw and in a pie.

APBM,

What was the last book you read? Not counting comic books.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.