Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 123)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Good point, cleome. And when they fail to get re-elected, we simply deport them.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
But think of the shot of the arm this will give to the "Anchor Marriage" industry.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I say we deport the politicians and leave the widows alone.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't think of any country I dislike enough to foist such a plague upon. Not even France. After all, we do know that France has produced at least one Legion fan. It wouldn't be fair.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Not all politicians would be deported to the same country. They could be deported to their country of origin, or the country of origin of their great-etc.-grandparents.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
In one episode of Michael Moore's TV Nation he had a phone poll about which country the US should invade next. (This being the time of Grenada) The options were France (they are rude and like Jerry Lewis), Belize (Small army and we have good maps), or the money should be spent on education. The winner of the poll was to invade France.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Who needs steenkin' education when we can capture the Eiffel Tower!

--------------------

cleome46

Well, then there's also the stinky cheeses... for people who like that sort of thing.

[Matter-Eater Lad - Animated]

--------------------

cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Not all politicians would be deported to the same country. They could be deported to their country of origin, or the country of origin of their great-etc.-grandparents.

That could get very messy if one's heritage originates in more than one country.

[Persuader]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Many people would suggest that a trip to Europe is essential for one to be educated.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:

That could get very messy if one's heritage originates in more than one country.

[Persuader]

Then we hold a lottery. The loser country gets to keep the politician.

--------------------

cleome46

EDE wrote:

quote:
Many people would suggest that a trip to Europe is essential for one to be educated.

HWW wrote:

quote:
Then we hold a lottery. The loser country gets to keep the politician.

I weep for the odds of my touring Europe and returning home without an "education" involving a bloodied nose and missing teeth.

[No]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

I went to Europe once: eleven days in Germany and Austria. I don't know how educated it made me, but it was great fun.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never been outside the US, but many of my friends have, and the vast majority of them came back with their teeth intact.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

OM, I was only worried about having to face the fist music in Europe if HWW's plan at dumping our politicians over there ever came to pass.

Otherwise, I think it'd be all right. I'd even leave my Hawaiian shirts at home.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.