Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 122)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no idea how good an actor he is, but I've been told I bear a passing resemblance to Andre Agassi. He'll do.

Aardvarks Play Bad Monopoly:

Same question (this is a good one)! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Nascar's Jeff Gordon's got my look down, but I don't think he's got the acting chops, so I'll go with Ethan Hawke... perfect for nailing my self-involved pretension. [Wink]

Actor Picked to Be Me,

Same question (we'll get this Legion World movie made yet!)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The only celeb I get compared to is Hank Azaria, so I'll say Jensen Ackles, who plays Dean on Supernatural. He has my real life snarky attitude down pat.

A Possible B-Movie

Same question (we might need some even bigger stars)

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
People say that I look like Michael Moore, but he is not an actor per se. Let's see if George Clooney can play the complexity that is Quislet, Esq.

APBM,

Have you made any New Years resolutions and have you broken any of them yet?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I decided I need to 'get healthy' / 'get back in shape' / lose about 15-20 pounds. I've done it before but always gain it all back. I want to try to break the cycle once and for all, so I'm trying some different stuff. So far, so good, but its only been a week.

APBM,

same question (New Year's resolution)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
My current resolution is to kill the entire diet and fitness industry with fire. Maybe even a river of fire. No, I don't care that technically what passes for my living is provided by the fitness industry. If they want to keep breathing, they seriously need to shut up when I'm trying to think about things other than how my fat rear end is allegedly Destroying America.

(I'm afraid that's it. I haven't seriously bothered with the resolution nonsense since I was about twelve years old.)

Ask Pugnacious Big Mama

Is exercise fun for you, or is it torture that you engage in only because you must?

[ January 08, 2010, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Its fun for me sometimes. More than anything it provides me with some time to not have to think about anything at all. I used to prefer weight-lifting but now I just prefer to run on a treadmill or use an eliptical.

But a lot of time, I kind of hate it, depending on my mood. Then it feels like a chore and then I get annoyed that I need to do it.

APBM,

What is your favorite snack you eat on a regular basis (i.e. pretzels, etc.)? And why?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lately, BBQ chips. The brand they have in the vending machine at work are the best I've ever had, but I can't find them in any of the stores around here. I keep hoping I'll catch the guy who fills the machine so I can find out where he gets 'em, but so far no luck.

APBM, what (if anything) do you drive?

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I drive a 2005 Chevy Impala. The paint job is listed as "glacier blue" and it has a rear spoiler. I love the friggin' thing!

Automobiles Priced Below Margin,
Same question.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A piece of $#!* 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The same one I had on the 2005 LMB Boston trip. I'm sure Kent remembers sitting in the shop with me after the muffler fell off. [LOL]

APBM, have you met any Legion Worlders in person, and if so who, when and where?

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Gee there are so many. I apologize in advance if I forget anybody.

First met STU when STU visited Boston.

Next was Faraway Lad when he also visited Boston (although the first time we tried to met, we missed each other)

Next came the Dallas convention (2004 I think) where I drove down with Pov. We stopped in on MLLASH, who continued down with us. At the Con, I met Outdoor Miner, Kent Shakespeare, Beagz, Stargazer, and the Yellow Kid for the first time. STU was also there.

Next, I met Faraway Lad and Gigglebot Girl on another trip to Boston they made.

In 2005 was the Boston con where I met Fat Cramer, Vee, Loser Lad, Spellbinder, Abin Quank, and Cobie.

In 2006 was my first Legion World San Diego con. In addition to some previously met Legion Worlders, I saw Nightcrawler, L.E.G.I.O.N.John, Caliente, Mechana, and Monkey-Eater Lad.

And finally at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con, I met Rockhopper Lad, CJ Taylor, Actor Lad, Director Lad, Suddenly Seymour, and rtvu2. I also met briefly with Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl. I also shared my room with superboymddjr.

And I met Dev-em & Lad Boy when they were in Boston. I can't remember the dates.

And at the New York Con in 2009, I added Exnihil and Shark Lad to the list of Legion Worlders I have met in person.

APBM,

What would be your dream vacation?

[ January 09, 2010, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
6 weeks in NYC, the last two with my family.

apBm:

Are you better off than you were a year ago?

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yes. Baby on the way and actually was able to pay off one of my two student loans and most of my credit card debt in the last year. I should be able to pay it all off by the time the baby arrives, depending on just what costly things happen in the ensuing months. I partied and lived up my 20's like there was no tomorrow but in the last two years I was starting to feel a little unfulfilled--and now I just feel so much better about life in general.

APBM,

What's one National specific franchise / chain that you hate more than others. It could be anything: gas stations, restuarants, coffee shops, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Lardi:
I drive a 2005 Chevy Impala. The paint job is listed as "glacier blue" and it has a rear spoiler. I love the friggin' thing!

No kidding?!! I also drive a 2005 Chevy Impala with a rear spoiler, though its a dark grey color. And like you, I also LOVE mine! I'll probably drive it for years until I can't anymore (I love Impalas in general). Wow Lardy, you really do have good tastes!
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Blockbuster Video.
Everything there is SO much more expensive. To rent is ussually a $1.50 more for new releases than other video stores in town.
Buying previously veiwed movies is at good $5 more per movie (even more for bluray).
Previously played games are selling for the same price at walmart for brand new.
There is no reason to ever go to Blockbuster if you have ANY other options available. I just pity the people who have no other choice.

APBM,
It seems a lot of us have made resolutions to be healthier this year, so what is you favorite "good-for-you" food?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Carrots. I shred them and eat them with just about everything. I can go through a couple packs a week.

APBM,

What do you consider the most unusual food you've ever eaten?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.