Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 121)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my chance to get that Mazda Miata, which is totally impractical for the way I live.

A Porsche Beats Miata?

When you get up in the morning, do you get dressed right away or hang around in your pajamas for a while?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
When I worked, I'd shower and get dressed right away. Currently, I do hang around in my sweats (aka my pajamas) for a bit.

Anna Punched Betty Mightly,

What is your favorite holiday (any holiday) tradition?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Turning off my alarm clock. Seriously. Our extended family isn't too into "traditions," other than family get-togethers and maybe kielbasa (even though we're not Polish).

APBM

same question

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Survival! If you haven't met the Ram Clan, then you probably won't understand. Needless to say, though, in-depth analysis of any personal flaws - no matter how trivial - will be served up along with a side of pie.

APBM

Do you enjoy family get-togethers?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Whose family? [Wink] I love hanging with my wife's family... very relaxed and mellow. My side, though? Let's just say I pack the Excedrin.

Auntie, Pop, Bro, Mum,

Of all your relatives, to whom to you most relate as a friend?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My mother, which is a good thing, since she's staying with me for a couple months till she moves into her own place.

Alsatian Poodle Beagle Mastiff,

Tell us about a dog who has been important to you.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
There were several dogs for me. One was Tasha. She was a beagle/springer spaniel mix. Originally I had named her "Jocasta", but Dad couldn't say "Jocasta" to save his life. So one day I came home and Dad said "How about 'Natasha'?" I said "OK, but how about shortening it to 'Tasha' (based on Tasha Yar from Next Generation)?"

When Tasha wanted to come in, she would give one short bark. Then she would wait. If no one let her in after a few minutes, she would give another short bark. She also used to dig up carrots from my dad's garden. In the fall my dad would cover his carrots with leaves (thus being able to keep them in the ground even if there was snow or frost) Tasha would go down to the garden, dig up just two, and eat them.

APBM,

Tell us an amusing story from your childhood.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
(I hope Tasha avoided black oil slick monsters, Quis! [Eek!] )

When I was about six, a friend dared me to run down the street naked, saying he'd join me doing the dare. Sure enough, we both disrobed, but he never left the driveway while I plunged headlong into the fray. Strangely, the street was seemingly devoid of life--so I started ringing doorbells! Ah, youth... [Embarrassed]

A Plump Butt Much,
Same question!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Your story reminded me of this little adventure I had when I was 5 or 6. My best friend, Beth, said "Let's throw rocks at cars!" I agreed. She meant the sand on the side of the road. I took up a fair size rock. She tossed the sand at a passing truck, while I heaved my rock at a passing car. My rock struck the bit of metal under the cardoor. I don't remember much after that, but my brother said the woman was mad and yelling at me.

At the time my dad had his own auto body repair business. Not knowing it was my dad, the woman brought her car to him. (I think this happened) Dad fixed it free of charge. I am sure I got punished, but I can't remember the punishment. Even so, I don't think I'll be throwing rocks at cars again.

Audi Porsche Buick Mazda,

Let's keep this question going and tell us an amusing story from your childhood.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My mother should never have taught me how to call the police if were in trouble. One day, some kids in my neighborhood were playing around and one of them snatched a cowboy hat off of my head. I immediately marched inside the house, dialed 911, and reported the crime. Fortunately, my mother came in in the nick of time, grabbed the phone, and apologized to the operator. Then she retrieved my hat.

APBM,

Same question.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

When I was little and would see some cows I would go "Look, cows". My brother would then say that they were not cows, but chickens. I would counter that they were cows because they said "moo". He would respond that they were special moo-chickens. Today when I see cows while I am in a car, I think of them as moo-chickens.

APBM,

You just won the 100 million dollar lottery. What is the firt thing you would buy and/or do?

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Faint.

Then, after I recovered, I would donate ten percent to my church and other worthy causes, pay off some debts, and then faint again.

APBM,

Hollywood wants to cast you in its new Legion movie. What role do you play?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Bouncing Boy

Atmos Phantomgirl Brainiac5 Mon-el,

Who would you want to play you in the movie about your life?

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Jennifer Garner with a prosthetic nose. Because she's gorgeous and I'm not, but also because she's tall and so am I, and she could capture my gawky/geeky side and my girly-girl side equally well.

EDIT: And Disney starlet Demi Lovato can play me as a teenager. I have no idea who should play me as a little girl.

APBM,

Same question.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Sarah Palin, just for the laughs. And her figure's a lot better than mine, so it would be a fantasy anyways.

Any Poppet But Myself,

Same question!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.