Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Café Cramer - Always Open (Page 121)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  125   
Author Topic: Café Cramer - Always Open
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Lemmie get a coffee in me Cobie...

<Picks up a cup of Cramer's House Blend and downs it in two gulps. Pours another cup and plops down in a neaby booth gesturing to the second bench.>

Have a seat Cobie... I'm all ears...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<comes in through a back door wearing a holo-disguise and sits in a dark corner table>

I see my intel was correct that Quank's in here. Huh? Cobie, too? I'm gonna find out for myself what Quank's up to. This "sobering up" better not be a front. If I catch him abusing that ring while drunk, I'll be bringing him in!

<tunes up special earpiece which allows him to hear Cobie and Abin's conversation>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
<lumbers in and smacks his fist down on the counter>

Venti chum latte, extra bloody...

<grabs his drink and, neglecting to greet his fellow LMBers, goes and sulks in the corner>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[slips in long enough to grab a small to-go soy mocha and to slip Sharky a handwritten note]

Click Here For A SpoilerDude, if that's your ship parked outside, I'd tiptoe out and move it from the "reserved" area to the "compact" area of the space-lot.

Normally, The Chief's pretty easygoing about these things, but lately... well, you know.

-- cleome

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<sits down across from Abin>

You might be wondering a few things. How the heck did I sober up? Did I really go on that long of a binger? And what the heck happened during that time? Well guess what. A lot of Legion Worlders who haven’t been on bingers are having similar memory problems. My healing abilities have someway let my mind reclaims those missing memories but it’s taken me awhile to ‘wake up’.

There are some dark things going on here on Legion World. And we need you now more than ever. So pick yourself up, dust yourself off and jump back into the fight.

Space Ranger was working on some things with me but he’s been out of contact for a few months. All the things going down these last few months…Zardi, the tobacco drug ring, Lardy being shot…they’re all connected.

Honestly, we can’t be sure whose listening in anymore. So I’ll tell you this: don’t trust the Luck Lords. Oh and abundant caution does no harm

You may have felt lost…and I feel for you…

<at this, Cobalt stands up and puts his hand on Abin’s shoulder, showing years of friendship make Cobalt feel some real compassion for Abin>

…but we need you now…and this is the path back…

<exits>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
<Stares at Cobalt's back as he exits.>

"Dont trust the Luck Lords?" Hmmm...

<Downs his coffee and gets up to pour another cup.>

Ring, take me to STU's Mansion

<Abin Vanishes and his cup of coffee falls to the floor, shattering and splashing hot coffee on Chief Lardy's disguised leg.>

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<Two minutes earlier, we see a furtive looking Exnihil at a small table, puffing on a Carggite tri-gar, straining to hear a conversation from across the room>

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
...the things going down these last few months…

...the tobacco drug ring...

<a furious barrista comes to Ex's table, and slams down her order pad>

Barrista: EX! How many times do I have to tell you? Cafe Cramer is NON-Smoking! One more time and you're banned!

<Annoyed, Ex puts the butt of his tri-gar into the dregs of his mug as she storms away. He surreptitiously leans a bit closer to the conversation, hoping to get another snippet>

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
...can’t be sure whose listening in anymore...

<a wry grin crosses Ex's lips>

Indeed...

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Drat! That wasn't helpful at all! Des somehow knew I was here. All the magnetic rassin'-frassin' cloaking I put in this tech was for nought...

...and he's protecting Quank as usual. Every instinct I have is telling me to keep an eye on Quank, and I'll get to the bottom of this cloud of secrecy that's shrouding Legion World lately.
Maybe he's sobered up, and that's no longer an issue...but it's really bothering me.

Man, I'm missing the Lard Force I could tail Quank anywhere in an instant. As it is, I need to find someone more natural at espionage...

<leaves>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
<sits in the corner nursing his chum latte>

Hey! Keep it down over there! I've got a wicked hangover... wait, where did everybody go?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
<slowly walks in, dirty stained and with more than a few burns on his face and hands>

Ugh, what a day. Hecubus and Succubus almost crashed the Powersphere, we're lucky we still have power today. Don't know what went wrong...everything was running smooth then it all went to hell for no good reason. Hook me up with a Tharrian Java, the blacker the better...I need it.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Kid walks into the place with a smile. He walks up to the counter and orders a tall Terreano and a cookie. He asked the barista, "Hey, what other locations do you have?"

"Umm...I don't know. You would have to talk to the manager," she said.

"Okay, I can wait," He sat down and pulled out a travel guide to read. He heard Istanbul was nice this time of year.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev enters Cramers and starts looking around for Jailbait Lass.

He walks up to the counter and ordersa coffee.

"Has anyone seen Jailbait Lass?"

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<in the background a local saxophone player finishes a steamy tune as the aroma of exotic coffee washes over Dev-Em's senses; he turns to see a stunning beauty stand up; her body says she's not yet 20 years old but her eyes tell a different story; but above all, Dev can see she's vulnerable>

I don't go by that code name anymore. But yes, I'm her.

What can I do for you, Officer?

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
"Lolita. I'm really sorry to ask you this, but I'm looking for Cobalt Kid...Des. Chief Taylor said that you might have some useful information for us."
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<a smile comes to her lips but one of humor or joy--one of recognizing there are some things you just can't escape>

I should have known. Take a seat, Officer. I can use another cup.

<she uses her fingers to move the hair out of her eyes>

Dev-Em, right? I can tell you don't know me that well. But I know you. I know all of you. I was what you'd call Cobie's partner for many years. I was his chief intelligence officer...his Oracle if you will.

Lard Lad knows we're estranged, Cobie and I. I'm a little offended he's using that to send you here.

Do I know what Cobie is doing? I have my suspicions. Do I know where is heading? Quite frankly, I think so. But why in the world would I tell you? I just want to be left alone. This LMBP madness has taken enough from me.

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  125   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.