Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Café Cramer - Always Open (Page 120)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  125   
Author Topic: Café Cramer - Always Open
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Dad... Mr Cobalt... What did you guys do to Gramps?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Rough guess here.....but it looks like Hrun helped your grandad remember who he was.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod, but like Klatchian Coffee? That stuff does weird things to people. Gram used to drink a cup before she talked to certain people... she said that when she was in the knurd state she could see right thru the lies some people liked to tell...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like that will come in handy.

Sounds like I should grab the recipe while I'm here, too.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Give me a hit of that too--I wonder what the effect would be of having it just before you enter the bar.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
“No my Lord” shouts Hrun slapping the cup of coffee out of Cobalts hand. “A knurd Cobalt Kid could cause the universe to collapse on it self"

Crossing over to an Omnicom pad Hrun quickly calls up and Encyclopaedia Galactica entry and reads out

Knurd

Consider the following scale: •

Being drunk is to be intoxicated by alcohol to such an extent as to be unable to perceive the world clearly through the senses.

Being sober is to be able to perceive the world clearly through the senses, yet humans are quite capable of giving themselves illusions and little stories to make life more bearable.

Being knurd is to be (un)intoxicated with Klatchian Coffee to such an extent that all such comfort stories are stripped away from the mind. This makes you see the world in a way 'nobody ever should', in all its harsh reality.

People generally find being knurd excruciating, as their comfortable illusions are stripped away and all of life's terrors are exposed. When accidentally knurd, people hurry to get alcohol into them to restore the balance. I

n fact, they generally go too far, getting very drunk in order to
a) make certain they aren't knurd, and
b) get so comfortably illusory that the mind can't recall those terrible realities.

Mis-dosing in an attempt to treat natural knurd-ness can lead to pathological alcoholism, or merely pathological violence as in the case of English Football fans

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<thinks on it>

Okay Hrun, I'll trust your judgment.

<looks back>

Still...maybe it is time I got knurd...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Ugh. 6 in the morning on a Saturday and already in the office.

Ms. Cramer... if ever I needed one of your doubleshot espresso Red Eyes, today is the day.

...ooh! And two of those almond biscottis, please.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

12+ hours later... still here... better make that a triple this time.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Huh? Are we allowed to roleplay anymore? I thought it was catapulted into the sun!?!? [Confused]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Trust me, Chief, I wish I were roleplaying. 14-hour software deployments, running on nicotine and caffeine are no way to spend a Saturday.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, just missing the roleplaying that's been in hibernation. [sigh]

But hang in there, Ex! [Hug]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad With Glasses
In Transit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad With Glasses           Edit/Delete Post     
/LWG walks in, peeks around the empty cafe'/

/seeing no one, he parks himself at the counter, helps himself to a cup of joe (black) and some buttered rye toast, and writes:/

To whom it may concern:

Thanks for the hospitality. You'll find the appropriate payment in the ashtray next to the left-most seat at the counter.

/LWG does not bother to sign the note. He slips several Canadian dollars into the ashtray and departs as quietly as he first appeared.../

--------------------
"Hard times make heroes out of fools..."

From: Up On the Roof | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Caffene!

Gads! I need some coffee, more of that Klatchian Stuff... Where does Cramer keep it?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<standing by the table, sipping a coffee with a smarmy smile is Cobie>

Well, well. Finally sober? I've been waiting for you, Abin. We need to talk.

This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  125   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.