Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the Penguin is fine in his role as a fencer and middleman between the Bat-villains and other cities' villains such as Flash's Rogues.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
When I was in grade school in Ecuador, the local brand of ice cream was called Pinguino -- Spanish for "Penguin." I particularly liked their chocolate dixie cups and ice cream sandwiches.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
one thing I miss about my home turf was the regional convenience store chain Stewarts (not to be confused with the niche soda brand), which had its own line of dairy goods as well, including some really amazing ice creams. Adirondack Bear Paw was a favorite: Vanilla with caramel swirls and chunks of chocolate.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Caramelization is the removal of water from a sugar, proceeding to isomerization and polymerization of the sugars into various high-molecular-weight compounds. Compounds such as difructose anhydride may be created from the monosaccharides after water loss. Fragmentation reactions result in low-molecular-weight compounds that may be volatile and may contribute to flavor. Polymerization reactions lead to larger-molecular-weight compounds that contribute to the dark-brown color.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Suzanne Vega's "Caramel" is an awesome song that helped get me through the mid-late 90s.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Adding milk to sugar to create caramels is an example of a process called the Maillard Reaction. The latter is distinguished from caramelization because it involves amino acids (such as found in milk, or meat when it's browned to enhance flavor) rather than sugars.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
There is a bronze sculpture in Boston's Public Garden representing Mrs. Mallard with her ducklings Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack, Nack, Ouack, Pack and Quack from Robert McCloskey's Make Way for Ducklings.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't seen any ducks around the worksite, but on Monday there was a huge "V" of what looked like Canadian Geese, flying South. Maybe they were doing some last-minute shopping before heading down to the Gulf Coast...?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

"Duck Soup" is generally considered to be the best Marx Brothers movie.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Gummo Marx was part of the Marx Brothers vaudeville act, but left the act when he was drafted in World War I. After the war, he went into the raincoat business. He never appeared in any of the Marx Brothers movies. He did run a theatrical agency with Zeppo and later became a solo agent. He represented his brother Groucho and others. Apparently he did not have contracts with most of those he represented, but operated under the idea that if they liked what he did for them, they would continue to use his services. He also worked on the TV show Life of Riley.

[ December 15, 2011, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

The Marx Brothers' real names were, in order of birth: Leonard (Chico), Adolph Arthur (Harpo), Julius (Groucho), Milton (Gummo), and Herbert (Zeppo).

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
"Duck Soup" is generally considered to be the best Marx Brothers movie.

I would go with either Horse Feathers or Monkey Business myself, though I also have a certain fondness for Animal Crackers.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I do like Horse Feathers more than Duck Soup. The spitball fight always makes me laugh so hard it hurts.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the final scene of Duck Soup where the explosion has blown most of Zeppo's clothes off and he's in a torn undershirt and...is it getting warm in here?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually think one of the reasons Horse Feathers works so well is that it has far more Zeppo than most of the films.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.