Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The LMB Wiki! (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: The LMB Wiki!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Edits made. Let me know if there are other notable recent appearances that I've missed. It looked like the All-New, Not-So Different Tag Team Tale was leading up to some groovy stuff with him and Vagimus, but it never got very far.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
^Vaginimus: such a tease. [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
LMB canon has it that LW was a real planet purchase by Nighty, not an artificial one.

It's ancient history has been hinted at in places.

That's the canon I prefer and use.

The moon is artificial (Takron Galtos).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'm trying to do the Cobalt Kid article and just have so much to put in there I'm really starting to worry about the length. Is there a limit to how long they should be? I could try to cut some things down (or out), I guess...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
I hope the eventual length of this Lard Lad article won't be a problem. While I'm not including everything, there are SO many documented essential details to Lardy's story, it pretty much has to be really long! [shrug]

If the length of the article become unwieldy, you can always create "subarticles" linked within later on. For example there might be an article about Lardy's romantic involvements that the main Lard Lad article could link to. I wouldn't recommend doing that right away, but if the article becomes longer than you think would be practical, you may want to consider it.
quote:
Wikipedia recommends a maximum length of 6000 to 10000 words. We can cross that bridge when we get to it! [Big Grin]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Very simply:
1) Log in when you edit [Smile]
2) There's no strict limit, but if it gets very long then...
3) ...start moving sections out to pages of their own, and leave only a quick summary in the main article.

PS: Could you bump the last PM I sent you back, please? There's a quick question I want to ask.
[Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As I answered Lardy a while back:

quote:
If the length of the article become unwieldy, you can always create "subarticles" linked within later on. I wouldn't recommend doing that right away, but if the article becomes longer than you think would be practical, you may want to consider it.

Wikipedia recommends articles of no more than 10,000 words for readability's sake, but that's not a hard-and-fast rule. The Cobalt Kid article comes in around 8500 currently. Characters like Cobie, Lardy and Lash who have such a long and rich history are going to have long articles. At some point, you may want to have smaller articles about one aspect of the character's history, but that's totally up to you.

Okay, I see Dev quoted the same thing! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks Rocky. I started to get concerned because I'm only up to about 3005 in the history! I still have a lot to go, but on the other hand, all the early pre-LMB stuff is out of the way and that was a bit.

I'll stay on top of it and maybe once its all typed, I can decide then.

I may call upon your editorial skills for advice later. [Big Grin]

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You're very welcome.

As Reboot was kind enough to remind, and I'll echo, please do remember to log in before you edit so we can be sure that the edits are genuine.

Thanks! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Will do!

And Reboot, just saw your note above. PMed you back and thanks for the advice!

I didn't even realize I wasn't logged on in this laptop--will correct!

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Started Devs page with Powers and abilities...man I feel so out of my element for some reason doing this...

How do I add the categories at the bottom of the page?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Wiki is looking really good!

I have to update SL's page with some stuff from a couple of Onevisions and the recent Twovision with Dev...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
How do I add the categories at the bottom of the page?

Add [[Category:(category name)]] to the bottom of the page, obviously subbing the actual name of the category for "(category name)".

(PS: To link to a category or image, rather than adding them to the page, add a colon to the start - so [[:File:IMAGE.EXT|(link text)]] and [[:Category:(category name)|(link text)]])

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Thanks. Got Deans picture up as well...sweet.
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Rocky, a quick (and possibly silly) question:

For the categories: "Legion World locations" and "Legion World institutions"... what is the difference?

Are "institutions," to your mind, physical buildings while "locations" are just general geographic areas? Or are "institutions" those entities that have governmental hierarchies, like the Office of Security and the Rookery, while "locations" would include both geographic area and businesses, such as Cafe Cramer and SHAKES?

(PS... if this message falls on the bottom of the page, could you quote it so it carries over to the next?)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.