Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<they get out, get some grub and settle in a table>

Memory problems, eh? You'll have to tell me more about that.

<takes some bites off his ribs, wipes his mouth>

You may have heard people call me "Lardy". Aside from having a bit of a *ahem* weight problem, I was a hero known as "Lard Lad" with a super-group based here on LW known as the LMB. I had mad energy manipulation powers: blasts, teleportation...almost as limitless as my imagination.

I've had a loooong checkered past. Done lots of things I'm not proud of. I'm a recovering alcoholic, hence the virgin drinks. I even died once.

But recently, I lost my powers during an assassination attempt. People kinda walked on eggshells around me after it happened. My lover even dumped me because of it.

Part of me thinks they made me Chief out of pity. But I'm determined to be the best I can be at the job, even if that's true.

So, as you can see, I've got a lot of baggage. You can flee now if you like! <smiles>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"That is not strange compared to me!" Red Arrow replied. "My name is Emily Osborn and my life is a soap opera. I don't remember anything before the age of 13 except for the name Red Arrow and a few other things. I was adopted by Senator Harry Osborn and his wife Victoria. My adoptive family is filled with super-villains."

She continued, "I was interested in a few boys before I met my ex-boyfriend. He was a telepath and we broke before he moved to Titan. We broke up because of politics and lifestyles." Red Arrow thought aloud, "He could have forced me to fall in love with him."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, man. I've had a few bad relationships in my time. A few good ones too. Kind of a laundry list, really. I was even married once. She was murdered, and I really lost myself for a while after that. Truthfully, I didn't have very good runs before that, either. A lot of people keep me at arms length because of it, really.

So...have you ever tried to find out what happened during all of those missing years? Have you learned anything about them?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<suddenly the door opens and a host of people rush in: beautiful women and men showing off their great bodies, a few goofballs jumping into the pool and at the center arm in arm with the Winathian Ambassador's twin daughters, Cobalt Kid>

Lardy! Nice set-up! The Franzz girls wanted to come see the Security Office and I thought it would be a nice political gesture to take them here. A few other..."stranglers"...decided to join us.

<eyes Red Arrow, Dev and the others>

Looks like things are coming along quite nicely! I'll get comfortable...

<throws aside shirt to the ground revealing sculpted physique>

...and grab a beverage.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Uh oh... Thunder Girl looks hungry...!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow replied, "One of my parents had to have been an archer or else I wouldn't have that ability. One of my birth parents was a hero and one was a villain according to Marvel Girl, my team's telepath."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<waves to Cobalt> Show-off!

Lash, where are those new Security Office uniform designs I asked for, huh?

<back to Arrow>

Emily, it's funny you should have parental questions. I have those, too! My parents may be avatars (Gods?) of Chaos and Order, and I have a twin brother who's somehow six years younger than me!

It actually sounds like you'd fit right in here, should you choose to stick around! Say...wouldn't it be weird if it turns out you're actually from this dimension?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:

Lash, where are those new Security Office uniform designs I asked for, huh?

In the works... they have to be PERfect! Look for my first=draft idea soon!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I expect a bad random windows paint fandango, Lash!

Emily, I don't know if you've met those two: Lash is one of my Elite Guard with a flair for the fabulous! Cobie's my predecessor as Chief of Security and a bit of an attention hound!

Oh! And my first name's Anthony by the way.

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
<splash>

No sign of Abin, chief ... hey, what the sprock!?! You guys had a pool party while I was gone?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Sharky, we, er, wanted to make sure people felt comfortable...getting IN the pool... <grins>

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
jeez, one little 'bloodbath' and I'm blacklisted ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow shook each of their hands. She thought, That would be something if my parents were from this dimension. I like it so far, my only complaint (if it can be called a complaint) is that everyone is nice and friendly. The universe I've lived in felt more real. She asked Anthony, "Where exactly are we in the universe? Are we on Earth?"

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Nah, Legion World's an artificial planet not far from Earth. And though the residents are nice and friendly, Legion World has it's fair share of enemies... <glares at 'Jose'> ...and, well, we have been known to have problems getting along at times. <glances over at Cobalt and grins>

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Check out Lardy chatting up the new hottie.

<motions to Sharky>

Looks like we both came late to this pool party. I had some of the fellas at Cobie's cook up your favorite drink: rum & chum.

And now tell me what the latest is on Abin. He's gone knurd and is acting crazy.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.