Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 119)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Depends upon one's view of teacher cloths I suppose.

Avast, Pirates Boarding Moorings

If you had to choose one to watch: sunset or the sunrise? Why?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sunrise, because it feels like a new beginning, whereas sunset is a reminder that nothing lasts forever.

APBM,

Same question

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Depends on which coast I'm on... BUT...

The most amazing sunset I ever saw was on Treasure Island in San Francisco Bay. I was looking out thru the Golden Gate Bridge and I remember thinking that if I saw that same sunset in a painting I'd swear it was imbellished.

Angels Perform Beautiful Music

What was the most amazing natural phenominon you've ever seen?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
My honest answer would be as a 13 year old, the change over the summer of the girls BUT..... that's probably not what you were going for so...

saw an Aurora Borealis and it wasn't even a good one I guess but it amazed me.

Someone's got to have better than that so..

APBM

Same question

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
About a decade ago, a friend and I drove across Morocco out to the Sahara desert. Standing there on top of the dunes, I was just transfixed watching the wind blow across the sand in waves. It might sound a bit goofy, but it felt like I was watching a sort of negative-image ocean, with the land moving in the same pattern as water would, just much more slowly.

Astral Particulate Behemoth Mote,

Do you find yourself more overwhelmed thinking about the very large (phenomena of the cosmos) or the very small (sub-atomic phenomena) aspects of our existence?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Very large. I can get on a cosmic trip with the help of nothing stronger than caffeine and/or sugar.

APBM,

What's the best fictional cosmic story you've ever read/watched?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Edit: Oops, snuck in on me.

Cosmos story? Almost any first contact story.

Auto Parking By Month.

Am I along in feeling that being able to park your car for free should be a constitutional right? I HATE the idea of paying to park, even in Toledo where it might run me five bucks for an event. I've parked across the river and walked to not have to pay for parking. I stopped going to our FREE museum because they upped the parking from a $1 to $5 until I realized I could park for free in the neighborhood across the street. Eh, you big city types probably don't get it.

What? this isn't the rant thread? Well, fine.

What are you willing to pay to park for a night on the town?

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose it would vary by city and district, and I usually try to park for free above convenience in Halifax. At night, on really cold days or in a downpour, I'll spring for the $4-$8 in a parking lot if there's no cheaper street parking available.

Our hospitals started charging for parking, which I don't think is too good. I can park on one of the streets a few blocks away and walk, but that's difficult for a lot of the older people. It seems to be taking unfair advantage of those who need to be closer to the main entrance. Maybe it's tax deductible, but still...

Anorexic Pyrovirus Becoming Mondiale,

What was your worst childhood illness, if any?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I had chicken pox. But all I can remember about it was having spots on my arms and getting to stay home from school for two weeks.

APBM,

What was the strangest dream you have had?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... poster's regret, BB?

I'll take it. Once I was trying to quit smoking using Zyban, but it gave me the most violent dreams. I once dreamt that I was visiting my parents, and they told me to look in the back yard at their new dog. I looked out the window, but instead of a dog there was this giant fanged Yeti who... bear with me here... was violently pulsating electricity. It sort of looked like the true Mxyzptlk form from "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow." Anyway, this thing started to come toward the house and tear at the wood to get inside. I was terrified, but everyone was like, "Aww... look how cute!"

Analyzing Posts By Members,

If you had to formulate a deep symbolic meaning behind Blockade Boy's single period post above mine, what is the most profound explanation you could imagine?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gatekeepers of the Patriot Act found something suspicious and censored the post.

APBM,

Same question.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

After posting, BB decided that noone would believe he seriously dreamt about a giant fanged Yeti who was violently pulsating electricity and that he would be ostrasized from the board for even suggesting such a thing. Stupid him. [Big Grin]

Back on target..

APBM,

What was the strangest dream you have had?

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
In Dreamland, it's the dreams that pass for reality which seem the most strange. The ones that always strain plausibility, though, are the ones that are like a movie in which I'm everyone in the thing: The "Final Girl" fleeing the axe-wielding psycho, the psycho, the axe itself (which is sentient and has a POV like all the humans), the good-hearted cop and his dim-witted deputy, etc.

I don't know how it's possible to perceive a single event from a dozen perspectives simultaneously. IRL, I can't even balance my checkbook with the radio news playing in the background, without at least a pot of coffee in me first, but in dreams... No prob.

And Percy Bludgeoned Mariel

Best Halloween costume you ever wore.

[ October 29, 2009, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if it's the best costume I ever wore, but I remember borrowing my grandfather's hat, finding a cape from somewhere, and pretending to be the Phantom Stranger. It was at least an original idea for a costume instead of the usual pre-fabricated, store-bought choices.

APBM,

Are you doing anything special for Halloween this year?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.