Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 115)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Freshly-baked Toll House cookies with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream.

Arthur Picked Blue Marshmallows,

What is your favorite comfort food?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Matzoh ball soup. No contest.

And Potatoes Belong Mashed

Are you going out tonight or staying in?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
in. I'm dead tired. Had a few tacos and a margarita at a nice little Mexican place downtown, picked up some veggies at the market, and now I'm in for the night.

APBM

Any weekend plans?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I work Saturdays, so that's what I'll be doing. (No biggie. I tutor, which I enjoy.) On Sunday, I'll go to church, then hang out with some artist friends at a coffee shop.

APBM,

What time do you usually turn in?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Turn in to what? Heh.

Generally, I go to bed between midnight and 2 AM. Very unhealthy, considering I get up at 6AM.

Alarm, Pillow, Bed, Morning,

Assuming a responsibility-free weekend, how late could you feasibly sleep in?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't slept past 6 a.m. in decades, whatever time I go to bed. It's hard-wired and puts me at odds with most of the population, although I'd probably get on fine with roosters.

Almond, Pistachio, Betel, Macadamia,

This has nothing to do with nuts, but what's your worst car breakdown story?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
On a road trip to the Cheseapeake area, my car died just on the other side of the Delaware toll booths on I-95. As a toll road, here is only one company licensed to tow, so I was stuck with them. I called some friends for a ride; they drove down 4 hours to pick me up in the wee hours.

A few days later, the tow company said it was all fixed and gave me the bill - $500ish. I took the train down, got there - and they had in the mean time added in another $100 or so. I had to walk to an ATM in Maryland on a chilly February day, get the money, go back, and get my car.

about 5-10 miles later, on a busy commercial highway (US1, at the edge of Wilmington), the car died again - same problem.

this time, I had to pay $70 to get it towed to a dealership within sight of where I broke down; that was anther $800, a week later.

This was in 1997, and vowed never to return to Delaware. So far, I've been able to keep that vow.

All Pontiacs Beat Mercuries,

same Q

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Spring Break, 2008. Three kids and Easter baskets, plus a significant amount of Easter basket stuff that the kids aren't supposed to see, plus 8 days worth of clothes, road trip activities, etc. are packed into every cubic inch of our Volkswagen Passat (Revenge of the Nazis edition). The car made it from DC to SC without a problem. Unfortunately our destination was Alabama via Atlanta.

After the car's very useful diagnostic computer system said "STOP the car now!" we were able to run the engine long enough to get us up the hills of I-85 so that we could coast down, eventually to a gas station.

It's Saturday on the interstate, 40 miles from a VW dealer or a rental car. We waited a couple of hours or so until the tow truck and the Enterprise car arrived.

We had to rent a (big) car for the entire remainder of the week-long trip because the breakdown was 350 miles from our ultimate destination.

We had to return home via SC to pick up our car, though we seriously considered abandoning it and just buying a new car in Alabama. We wouldn't normally have traveled back through Atlanta or SC.

Rental car + tow: $850
Repair bill: $1,800 (The "check engine" light was still on when we picked up the car.)

The end of our nine years of fahrvergnuegen when we sold traded the VW in for a Honda three months later: Pricele$$.

APBM:

What's the most recent charitable act or volunteer activity that you've participated in?

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Komen: Race for the Cure (donated, didn't run).

APBM

What's your favorite memory from a Math class (a sure thread killer).

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Junior year of high school, the math teacher gave weekly quizes. I would get 100 each week. Finally on one quiz, he deducted 5 points because I didn't dot the i in my name.

Adams Polk Buchanon Madison,

What movie have you seen the most times?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I was teaching Calc I to freshmen at Va Tech. On the end of the year assessment one of the students wrote about my class "if I only had one day to live, I would want to come to this class, because every day in here seems like the longest day of my life."

APBM

Damnit, Quis! -- Bladerunner.

What's the longest flight you've ever taken?

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it would be Paris to Houston, which, as I recall, took a little longer than Houston to Paris.

APBM,

Have you ever had a pet other than a dog or cat?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I doted on our two gerbils when I was a kid. Also my brother's parakeet.

IYHO (In Your Humble Opinion) how many pets are just the right number?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Who am I to argue with Hugh Hefner: 12

APBM

What has been the most spectacular public event you have witnessed?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Ralph Nader, speaking before an SRO crowd at Memorial Coliseum, August 2000.

Apologies Permit Bigger Mistakes

Pumpkin carving. Yes or no? Traditional or post Martha-Stewart elaborate-style?

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.