Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Café Cramer - Always Open (Page 115)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  ...  123  124  125   
Author Topic: Café Cramer - Always Open
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What? No, sorry, I'm just here to use your restroom. Paying customers only?

Oh, okay. Um, let's see. I'll have a Super-Hero Club Sandwich and a side of Wildfries. Be right back.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
<lumbers into the cafe with matlock>

can I get a non-fat green tea latte?

no sign of Jailbait Lass ... hope she's okay ...

what are you gonna have, matlock?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
“Caffeine!”

<appears>

I always wanted to do that…I’ll have a caramel macchiato, FC. I like sugar :embarrassed:

<sees Matlock and Shark Lad>

Okay, its time to compare notes. Have you told Matlock about what we’ve found, Sharky? Any luck on your end, Matt? Right now, the biggest lead I have is Tomahawk, and I think that’s something we should follow while Space Ranger follows up on the possibility of Gary Concord and Lard Lad. I know you believe in him Sharky, but I can’t rule Lard Lad out yet. Still…this Tomahawk theory seems like a solid starting point.

I also want to get Exnihil’s confession and the bits regarding a ‘Second Shooter’ and ‘Justin Thyme’…whoever this enemy is, he was somehow able to hypnotize Exnihil…

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jailbait Lass:
“Caffeine!”

<appears>

I always wanted to do that…I’ll have a caramel macchiato, FC. I like sugar :embarrassed:

Okay, its time to compare notes. Have you told Matlock about what we’ve found, Sharky? Any luck on your end, Matt? Right now, the biggest lead I have is Tomahawk, and I think that’s something we should follow while Space Ranger follows up on the possibility of Gary Concord and Lard Lad. I know you believe in him Sharky, but I can’t rule Lard Lad out yet. Still…this Tomahawk theory seems like a solid starting point.

I also want to get Exnihil’s confession and the bits regarding a ‘Second Shooter’ and ‘Justin Thyme’…whoever this enemy is, he was somehow able to hypnotize Exnihil…

Jailbait Lass,

Excuse me, I was in here getting my semi-annual cup of coffee and could not help overhearing you.

Exnihil has retained me as his attorney. Any questioning the Security Office does of my client has to be in my presence. Any "confession" obtained from improper questioning will not hold up in court. I'll be seeing my client shortly. I hope I will find that the Security Office has handled thing strictly by the book.

Good day.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
"Caffeine!"

I've missed this place [Smile]

Chocolate milk shake please!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by Jailbait Lass:
“Caffeine!”

<appears>

Jailbait Lass,

Excuse me, I was in here getting my semi-annual cup of coffee and could not help overhearing you.

Exnihil has retained me as his attorney. Any questioning the Security Office does of my client has to be in my presence. Any "confession" obtained from improper questioning will not hold up in court. I'll be seeing my client shortly. I hope I will find that the Security Office has handled thing strictly by the book.

Good day.

They still just don't get it. I don't work for the Security Office anymore...and I don't care what the laws or rules are.

There's a mystery that needs to be solved, and Legion World is at stake.

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Be that it may that you no longer work for the Security Office, there will be no questioning of my client and no "confession" without my being there.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

<smiles>

Of course, Quislet.

[aside to Sharky] What he doesn't realize is we already have what we need from Exnihil, and it wasn't when he was at the Security Office. I recorded him making a statement at the Rookery. [/aside]

Frankly, I'd like to see Exnihil cleared quickly so he can help us figure this thing out. Actually, where is he now, Quislet? Can he see visitors? As I said, I'm not part of the Security force.

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll take an herbal tea, FC. Whatever you've got.

I'm so wired right now from all the turmoil that anything else would make my head explode.

[Waves at Quis]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Regular coffee, black please.

<huddles down in a booth with Sharklad and Jailbait Lass. Motioning for quiet, he shows them a note written, pen to paper, in a secret code known only to Security Office personnel.>

"First, Cramer's has always been as close to neutral territory as LWorld has but in case it's been compromised:

1. The blood on LardLads sword WAS Clive's.
1a. Mitigating factor to above: LMB blood bank is missing 2 pints Clive's blood (banked as per procedure for all Leaders and Deputies.)
1b. High probablility LardLad framed.
2. Party or parties unknown have attempted to eliminate both Cobie's faction, and LardLad's.
3. Political hi-jinks give me heartburn."

Refill, please.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, can I get grande chum-latte, please ...

sprock, matlock ... you mean somebody actually swiped Clive's blood? Who could pull an inside job like that? I've tried to get into the blood bank a couple times when Cafe Cramer and Shakes were running low on chum, and let me tell ya, security there is tighter than any place on Legion World (except maybe Crujectra's budoir) ...

Alright, so what's our next move? Lolita, I think Quis is gonna make it pretty tough to get a sit-down with Exnihil ... should we see if "John Doe" (a.k.a., the Election Tyrant, if my hunch is right) is able to talk? Also, I heard a rumor that Tomahawk's been seen on the streets ...

<shifts uncomfortably in the booth>

sprock, these booths are no good for somebody with a dorsal fin like mine ...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Yes...the more I analyze the facts, I also believe Lard Lad was framed. In the past he's specifically mentioned in his grudge against Cobalt that he wanted him to be exposed as a criminal and go to jail--not be killed. I overreacted in my...grief...for Cobie.

The obvious question is 'Who Benefits?'. For starters, with Lard Lad out of the way, one of the major front-runners in the coming election is eliminated. And the Election Tyrant is missing just long enough for that possibility to continue. To which candidate would be served by Lardy's elimination--and who hates Cobalt Kid with a passion? Gary Concord can't be eliminated from the suspect list no matter how easy that may seem.

But Tomahawk seems like a likely candidate too. Or at least someone to be found and talked to. Something happened on that trip to the mountains and it somehow relates to all of this.

Cobie was on to something BIG. REALLY BIG. And when he was going to let me in on it...I pushed him away. I need to find out what that was.

Whoever the "Second Shooter" or Justin Thyme is, he had access to pull an inside job on Clive's blood, knowledge enough to find the Election Tyrant--which is no easy feet, and know us well enough to exploit our weaknesses on Legion World, including the continued political fractions.

Its looking more and more like someone extremely sneaky...or even an inside job.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Aside to Shark Lad. Know that Café Cramer makes their own chum fresh daily. They never use bottled chum that's been sitting on a shelve for weeks.

--------------------

Lolita
His Girl Friday

Something else we need to discuss. Cobie didn't want to hear this because he was thrilled to see his friend back.

But tell me...how in the world did Space Ranger return from the dead? Its a question unanswered for some time now. He's managed to convince Brit (Everyday Girl), but well...I just don't want her getting hurt too.

<looks away>

*sigh* This is when Cobie would say something to make it seem like we'd figure this mystery out easily with no problem, even when he didn't believe that.

SharkLad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Aside to Shark Lad. Know that Café Cramer makes their own chum fresh daily. They never use bottled chum that's been sitting on a shelve for weeks.

and thank Rao for that ... I'd kill a man (or woman) that'd try to serve me bottled or instant-chum too ...

--------------------

This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  ...  123  124  125   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.