Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 111)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
He's not like that, Huey...it's the nature of his culture. Other than breaking up with me, Rocky would either have to leave his House or....I suppose we could take over his planet--?

<smiles> I know. That's silly! <looks a little shifty, then shrugs>

No, I can't take it over or make him leave his House. I...gotta find some way to either get my power back...or get some kinda power going.

<thinks> I tried to get hold of my old Lard Guru, but he's out on sabbatical and away from contact. The Council has suddenly lost interest in me with the power missing...like they did before.

Last time I lost my power, I knew exactly who did it and...took care of it. Maybe if I can find out who shot me and whether the goal was actually what happened, then there's hope.

That's Plan A. Plan B is along the lines of what you said, DB--finding something different. I'm open to options for both Plans, guys.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Have you *hic* tried a radioactive spider?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
No...but I took a trip to Korbal.

<grimaces>

My pubes are STILL standing straight up--but no 'Lightning Lard'.

<shrugs>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
did you say your pubes ..... < hurl!!!> sorry just got a bit sick. too much soda. ; )

can we not just hit some penguins until they say "no powers? no problem!"

is this, you know, losing your powers, a ... regular problem ... ? i'm just saying, i been shot in the head several times ... and the old DB magic still works.

haha. just teasing. let's find out who did this to you, maybe that bullet had some power dampening device attached to it.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobie and GRL break out 'All You Need is Love' as if they were purposely responding to the conversation across the bar>
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<the recently gender-swapped Ex wanders in, boosts himself up at the bar, pauses a moment to focus his mind on the word "Boilermaker," and when he sure he's got it, open his mouth and says:>

Hawaiian Sea Breeze, the breezier the better.

<This Grandin bug really can't end soon enough>

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
<Steps out of the portal into the back room at SHAKES. A Troy android is waiting to greet him.>

Troy, Cobalt Kid, Exnihil, Power Boy, Question Kid, and Furball are following me thru. If anyone else appears institute level one "Thora" protocalls and redirect the portal to the holding cells at the new security office.

Tell Cobalt I'll catch up with him later, I have to see a young lady abut some special ammo.

<Vainishes at super speed>

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

*using the slideways portal from Varalent's Variable Villa, Cobalt Kid enters, followed by Exnihil, Question Kid, Power Boy and Furball*

<Cobalt sees Space Ranger fly off>

Ranger! Dammit! He left already. Not good.

Hello, Troy. Is that GRL on the piano? She sounds good.

Hello Semi, I'll have a McCallan, 18 year, just a splash of water.

<looks around>

We can't stay here. The Security Office is going to come crashing in any second. If the slideways portal sends them elsewhere, they'll just use the front door.

I love this place too much to see it become a battleground and caught in the crossfire.

We're going to have to go back out into Legion World. Perhaps on the rooftops?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow is in a nearby vacant building trying to get a good binocular shot of Cobalt Kid. She hated this. She just wanted to start fighting, Why does not having powers make Chief Lardy automatically assume you are not capable of holding your own? Too bad you aren't allowed to use lethal force. One arrow could end this quickly. For once she found herself agreeing with the Soul Gem Spirit's thoughts.

She sighed and silently exited the building to get a look at the back entrance of SHAKES. An explosion, while fun, would be too to obvious. So she began fiddling with a lockpick and called for back-up.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<To Cobalt>

Listen Cobie, before we fly into battle, there's something you have to know. You laid some hard truth on me about my motives, and I see how mercenary I've been ever since my arrival on Legion World. You're right... it's time I started contributing to something other than my own wallet.

I know I've seemed half out of it during this journey, but I'm starting to understand why. I don't know why this is happening, but ever since we left the Tobacconihilist, everytime the stress level was raised my mind has been going... somewhere else. It's almost the same feeling I had two years ago when Phineas was pushing me through time.

You may not believe me, but I think my mind, when pushed, is still traveling! As soon we got to Zaryan's I saw us in the Midnight Lounge and it came to pass exactly the way I saw it.

I keep getting these flashes, but they are like puzzle pieces of what's going to come. I just can't fit them together.

I don't know if this will help your cause, but thus far I've seen us at the Rookery... later I saw us fighting in the streets filled with Lard-Bots... and, though I don't know what part he's going to play... I feel like this Sir Roy is central.

You wanted me to help Legion World... buddy, I'm in.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<a smile comes across Cobie's face>

You don't know what that means to me, Ex. I really appreciate it, and for that...

<extends hand and shakes Ex's hand>

...here’s an official ‘welcome’. Your mind must still be greatly effected by the Thyme Crime case. Very interesting…as if you were some sort of pre-cog but in an entirely different way than I’ve seen before.

The Rookery, huh? That’s a really good idea. And it might just be our saving grace. It may be time to make a break for it there.

Your comments on the Lard-bots are a bit alarming. That is something we can’t allow to pass. As for Sir Roy, he’s been of some importance on Legion World for a number of years…whenever something big goes down he’s always at the center. Perhaps there is something to that.

I appreciate your realization Ex. Let me promise you I won’t have the Security Office pushing your around. I’m not going to let them take you.

Looks like its game time.

<a row of whiskey shots are lined up>

One for the road, then. Then lets all make like Butch & Sundance.

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Furball downed his drink.

"I'd say that we have about a minute to get moving...or else this place is not going to exist as a structurally sound building."

As they move to leave he moves alongside Cobie. "Where the Frak did Ranger go? We need him in on this, I'm not worried about you and me, we've gotten out of much worse situations than this, and I think Power Boy can definately hold his own, but I am worried about Ex and this new kid. They got too many heavy hitting power sets for them to be in the direct line of fire."

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Kid was kind of glad he wasn't the linchpin in a strategy for once. He suggested, "We have superior power on our side. Might we divide our numbers to cover more ground ?"

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You can count on Ranger, old friend. When you least expect it--and most need it--he'll be there. In fact, his leaving like that makes me think he's got something planned to help put things more in our favor.

So where now? Let's take to the rooftops and figure it out.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
*looks around*

Gosh, where is everyone? It's no fun drinking alone [Frown]

Ah well...

*pours self a Bailey's with chocolate liquer, lots of ice, a dash of cinnamon and a cherry on top.

[Cheers] !

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..................

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.