Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 110)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"microsoft"

Are People Mostly Bad?

If you HAD to pick (and you do [Wink] ) would you say that people are born good and raised to be bad or born bad and raised to be good and why.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think "good" and "bad" are value judgments that are imposed on us by society and, therefore, do not apply to us when we are born.

Consider this: Infants are born wanting only to fulfill their basic needs: food, sleep, waste expulsion, and attention. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. In fact, self-preservation could be considered a necessary good.

On the other hand, babies are also the most defenseless of all creatures. They rely on adult others to provide them with their basic needs. This could be considered bad, particularly when babies are abandoned (which they sometimes are); on the other hand, good comes from their needs as they give parents an incentive to bond with their offspring.

OK . . . since I have to pick one, I believe that God is good and that therefore his Creation, which includes human beings, is good.

APBM,

What do you ruminate philosophically over in your spare time or during odd moments?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The meaning of life, my life specifically, and whether it's worth more than that of a mouse or a moth, and whether it's luck or karma that I'm still alive, healthy and comfortable.

APBM,

If you could choose reincarnation, who or what would you like to come back as?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking a cat or dog, but that depends on whether you have a good owner or not. So can I choose not to come back?

APBM,

What game show would you like to be on?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
They need to bring back "Gambit" and/or "High Rollers." I'll decide between those two, because nothing does it for me like weirdly oversized cards and/or dice.

Aces played by me...

Think of the (living) person in this world whom you're fondest of. Now name the one thing you'd change about them if you could.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That would be my mother and what I would change about her is that I would have her move closer to me. She is indeed relocating to Houston this fall.

Arriving Promptly Before Midnight:
Is your current (or most recent) job anything like what you thought you'd want to be when you grew up?

[ June 21, 2009, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
No. My current job is teaching college writing courses. The last thing I wanted to be as a kid was a teacher!

APBM
(At the risk of being lazy but because it's a good choice),

Same question.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
No. When I was a kid, in addition to comics I read every Hardy Boys and Encyclopedia Brown book I could get my hands on, and a few Nancy Drew. I was convinced I was going to be a detective. My aunt had a friend on the police force who even fingerprinted me to show me how it was done. However, I do love the career I have!

Always Probing Baffling Mysteries,

Growing up, which TV character did you imagine yourself as, or interacting with?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I always wanted to have Samantha Stephens' powers or be her friend and we would go out using her powers to help people ala Superman.

APBM,

When you were a kid, was there some place you really wanted to visit? If so, where was it and did you ever get to visit it?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

I wanted to go to New York because all of the Marvel super-heroes were there. To this day, the only time I've spent in NY was a thirty-minute layover.

APBM,

Describe your first kiss.

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
5 years old at a birthday party, under the table with the birthday girl. She was French. Well, she was Toledoan but she had a French name.

A Personal Body Moment

Foot rub or back rub?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Back rub, definitely. It skeeves me out when anyone touches my feet.

A Preordained Binding Match,

Do you believe that there is a single perfect partner for someone, or might an individual have several "true loves" over the course of his/her life?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with Option 2. But I'm still monogamous, because I can't do the amorous equivalent of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Affectionate people bedeviling marriage

Will you attend a wedding or commitment ceremony this year?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes. I'm going to Massachusetts next month for my cousin David's wedding. He and his fiancee Jennifer are both artists, so expect it will be an interesting celebration.

I've already checked in with Quis on this, but if anyone's in Boston around the middle of July, let me know!

Appropriately, People Bring Money:

An oldie but goodie, list all the Legion Worlders you have met in person, or, if you haven't met any, who do you think you would most like to meet?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, this one is a little tricky for me, as I met a few people without realizing it at the time (prior to joining this board), so:

I've met (in a real sense): Kent Shakespeare, Nightcrawler, Cobalt Kid, Quislet Esq., Shark Lad, legion J.O.H.N., Robo, Klordny, and Quiet Darkness.

I've also met (though they might not realize it): Rockhopper Lad, Director Lad, and C.J. Taylor.

I've never formally met, but sat next to in panels (though again, without their knowledge): Caliente and Suddenly Seymour.

To the best of my knowledge, I've never met... or seen... but would most like to meet: STU.

Again... Passing Bucks Mindlessly,

Same Question.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.