Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The All "Let's Pester Outdoor Miner with Inane Questions" thread! (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  60  61  62   
Author Topic: The All "Let's Pester Outdoor Miner with Inane Questions" thread!
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
OM, How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

Do I look like an owl to you?
Well you do have the beak.

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
Outdoor Miner, is it better to give answers to inane questions, or to receive answers to inane questions?

Well, put it this way. This thread is not called "Let's Give Outdoor Miner Answers to Inane Questions", is it?
Should we start such a thread?

OM:If we do start such a thread, what will you do with your spare time?

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
OM, what threads that currently don't exist need to be started?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Should we start such a thread?

Pretending for a moment that I have any influence in this matter whatsoever, no.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by walkwithcrowds:
OM:If we do start such a thread, what will you do with your spare time?

Not post in the thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
OM, what threads that currently don't exist need to be started?

All of them.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
OM, I was recently talking to a colleague about the proposed Legion World Lottery. They propose to establish a prize pool from 58% of the revenues of this lottery. 8% will be spent as selling, general & administrative costs while the remaining 34% will be contributed to the Legion World Government General Revenues Pool.

Given that 1) 90% of the revenues for this lottery will come from low income Legion Worlders; 2) the effective marginal tax rate for low-income wage earners on Legion World is 22% and that gambling losses are not deductable from gross income; 3) the exorbitant salary the lottery chairperson will own, Isn't this lottery an onerous tax on probability against the poor people of Legion World, a tax at a rate nearly double the effective marginal rate of taxation of these wage earners to fund the incompetent leadership and line the pockets of their sinecure holding friends?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Why do you bother answering the nonsense they ask, Miner?

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
OM, if Gary Concord, the Ultra Man was a pretty flower, what pretty flower would Gary Concord, the Ultra Man be?
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OM, Which question on this thread has been your favorite one so far?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
OM, I was recently talking to a colleague about the proposed Legion World Lottery. They propose to establish a prize pool from 58% of the revenues of this lottery. 8% will be spent as selling, general & administrative costs while the remaining 34% will be contributed to the Legion World Government General Revenues Pool.

Given that 1) 90% of the revenues for this lottery will come from low income Legion Worlders; 2) the effective marginal tax rate for low-income wage earners on Legion World is 22% and that gambling losses are not deductable from gross income; 3) the exorbitant salary the lottery chairperson will own, Isn't this lottery an onerous tax on probability against the poor people of Legion World, a tax at a rate nearly double the effective marginal rate of taxation of these wage earners to fund the incompetent leadership and line the pockets of their sinecure holding friends?

As someone who tends to side with the downtrodden, I agree with you that is little more than exploitation of the less fortunate.

As lottery chairman, I say somebody's gotta win, why not you?

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Concord, the Ultra Man:
Why do you bother answering the nonsense they ask, Miner?

It beats working.

quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
OM, if Gary Concord, the Ultra Man was a pretty flower, what pretty flower would Gary Concord, the Ultra Man be?

He would be a nasturtium. Only because I like the way it sounds.

quote:
OM, Which question on this thread has been your favorite one so far?

I hold them all in the same regard.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Miner, what happened to my robot?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Miner, what happened to my robot?

I'm guessing it tried to replicate your sense of humor and blew out its circuits.

--------------------

walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
OM, Who was that masked man?

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
If I told you about the scandalous things that happened while I was in the Cannon office building for US representatives today, would you keep it a secret?

By the way, you're not within a 5 mile radius of the Capitol are you?

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
OM,
do you believe any of the 9/11 conspiracies?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  60  61  62   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.