Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Lee and I are making tentative plans to crash the party in 2008 too. (We're also planning an after-party up to LA to Knotts Barry Farm, Magic Mountain, and possibly the Disney parks, depending on $$$$.)

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still planning on attending. I'm even tempted to check on going cross country on the train (a la Quis.) I've always wanted to do a cross country railroad trip and this might be a great reason for it.

Maybe others in the southern half of the country could jump on board and we can make it a Legion Express Whistlestop!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I've long wanted to take a lengthy railroad trip as well but my schedule just doesn't allow for it.

The Whistlestop's a great idea, though.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Lee and I are making tentative plans to crash the party in 2008 too. (We're also planning an after-party up to LA to Knotts Barry Farm, Magic Mountain, and possibly the Disney parks, depending on $$$$.)

Count us in on the after-party Jeffy! We only got to hit the places in SD last time around (the zoo, animal park, etc). We'd love to visit LA and hit Disney or Universal.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Sweet!!!

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure how it would work for me yet, and likely would not know until closer (i.e. train, drive, or most likely fly).

Other people to inform: Paul Levitz, Keith Giffen, Mark Waid, Barry Kitson. Even some other creators (Steve Lightle, etc.).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Many of us would probably like to do other things as a group as well.

We should all post ideas of things to do/places to go to go together as much as desired (while respecting those who'd rather go on their own or as couples, of course).

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
I'm still planning on attending. I'm even tempted to check on going cross country on the train (a la Quis.) I've always wanted to do a cross country railroad trip and this might be a great reason for it.

Maybe others in the southern half of the country could jump on board and we can make it a Legion Express Whistlestop!

Unfortunately, the rail trip across the Southern US might have a snag. Amtrak still hasn't fixed the rail link east of New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina. The Sunset Limited would normally run from Orlando to LA. Currently its eastern terminus is New Orleans. A rail trip from Florida to California would currently have to be via Washington and Chicago.

If the Florida to California line is reinstated, I think that would be really kewl. The Sunset Limited has a stop in Houston, so I'd be glad to hop on there!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Many of us would probably like to do other things as a group as well.

We should all post ideas of things to do/places to go to go together as much as desired (while respecting those who'd rather go on their own or as couples, of course).

I'll head up the amusement park committee. [Smile]

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
This is the first time I've seen this thread. I'm intrigued, but I'm skeptical about my availability for this event. We'll see.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I can be in.

I actually may go this year. Is there a thread about the 2007 Comicon? I can't seem to find one.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully you guys can both go! We're trying to make this a 50th Legion Anniversary event, in addition to being a Legion World/LMB event, and it should be a ton of fun.

Especially the part where we hold Paul Levitz ransom until Dr. Mayavale is reintroduced to Legion Continuity!*

*Tongue in cheek applies here, oh faithful Legion readers working at the FBI!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Next best thing: we can lean on the ComiCon folks to have an all-Gerry Conway LSH panel!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

It's time for another reminder:

EVERYBODY remember to start planning for next year!

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Have we definitely decided this is going to be in San Deigo in 2008? I thought I remembered that there were some people wanting to go to New York and invade the DC offices?

Either way count us in. If it is San Diego, Jen and her lad can go to town and the zoo and all that sort of stuff, whilst I hang out with the LMB.

We would probably fly to Las Vegas and try to see the Grand Canyon and stuff then if possible and if you guys do the same as last year we could all drive over to SD together.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.