Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 108)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Last year, when I got married my mother across the country for the wedding. I went to pick her up at the airport. When the plane arrived, who should I see coming out the arrival gate behind my mother....My Grandmother!!! This was a HUGE surprise, as my grandmother never travels. After the wedding she stayed for a week so we had lots of time to visit, which was great because I hadn't seen her in almost a year.

APBM,

If you could be any god or goddess from ancient mythologies, who would you be?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been DREAMING of the day that someone would ask me this question! The answer is Ares, the Greek god of war! Why? Because he was swashbuckling and often times naked! Two qualities I always strive for! Besides that, he was a real man's man (which is another thing I always strive to be)!

However, considering that I'm more of a pacifist and not all that keen on confrontation, if I ever do get the job of being God of War I'd have to tweak the job description a little bit. Maybe something along the lines of Ares, the Naked God of Swashbuckling Manliness and Peace Through Negotiations (Whenever Possible) .

APBM

Do you follow internet trends like Twittering and Facebook(ing)?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Got a big kick out of the last two answers. Anyhow, yes as a teacher I kind of find I'd best know what the buggers are up too. Lot's of things I'd wished I'd not found out about, facebook one of the least problematic. Facebook, seems like spying but when you work a rough neighborhood, can help head off alot of problems. Every parent should be keeping a close eye on these things. I use inernet extensively to get ideas for vacation and lesson plans.

APBM

What use of Internet is most useful to you (at the fear of LegionWorld losing its PG rating, neither POV nor Cobie may answer, j/k).

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I was going to respond "news" because there's lots of alternative news on the net, but most of it just depresses me and gives me an illusion of being well-informed, so probably "how to" information. Whatever I've got to do, there's usually a host of explanations or recommendations on the internet - debugging broken water heaters, pet problems, recipes, etc. etc. Highly practical.

A Potentially Better Method:

Assuming reasonably good health but continued aging, how long would you like to live ?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
100. I really want to hit three digits. Just 'cuz it'd be kind of cool. Not that I wouldn't mind aging to 125 if I had reasonably good health.

APBM,

In your opinion, what is the age when most people seriously think of retirement as a real thing that is approaching. Because at 27, I just have the attitude that I'll be working forever with no retirement ever happening.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
100. I really want to hit three digits. Just 'cuz it'd be kind of cool. Not that I wouldn't mind aging to 125 if I had reasonably good health.

That's why I told my wife I won't be at middle age till I'm 50!

I think that is when many people start considering retirement. But, unfortunately, the later you were born, the longer you have to work. I will retire at 62 at the latest, because I see tomany retire at 65 or 67 and they're too old to enjoy their retirement. The sooner the better!

Always Polling 'Bout Money,

Do you personally know, or are you related to any millionaires?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
A million ain't what it used to be, if I know millionaires! Well, I don't know for sure, but based on their lifestyle and possessions, some of the people who are summer residents around here must be millionaires. They're okay. It's the billionaires who are all snooty about money.

Another Poll 'bout Money:

What would you do if you were given $10,000, free and clear?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Unless it was from family, I'd probably be paranoid about it. Wonder the motivations and expectations of the person giving it. Wonder why someone was giving me something that is forcing me into a decision then either bank it and forget about it or use it at school, something for the classroom or choir or artroom.

Don't give it to me. I've enough problems.

All Problems Begin Monday

When do you consider your week begun?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Monday. I see Monday as the beginning of the week and so the beginning of my week.

APBM,

What age is "old"?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Next year.

APBM

What are you looking forward to most for the coming summer/winter (depending upon location)?

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Swimming. Or maybe fresh tomatoes.

A Paltry Ballistic Missile,

If you could take over a country and rule it for life, which country would you choose?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Oh wow, best question ever.

Nudechickastan.

That's in the Caribbean, right?

If it's absolutely got to be a UN nation, then Oh Canada, you are mine. Canada would be a fun place to rule. People are a little pasty but generally fun and not so self-serious. Lot's of places to roam. I'd have a palace in Newfoundland, Prince Rupert and Ottawa. We'd go to war with Alaska, or maybe Wisconsin, just to keep the boys inspired.

All Property Be Mine

Same question.

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Luxembourg. I've always felt that although Luxembourg hasn't really lived up to it's true potential, with the right Supreme Ruler at its helm (me) it would be able to assume a stronger leadership role among the Family of Nations.

-

Our motto: "You'd Better Learn Luxembourgish"

Our Official Bird: The Beady-Eyed Eagle

APBM

Are you planning any getaways this summer?

[ June 12, 2009, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Ram Boy ]

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

[LOL] at map. love "visitor parking."
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.