Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 107)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Rene Magritte's The Portrait

(You can see how it's warped my life, but in a good way.)

Artists Paint Bright Moments

AGAIN!!

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Halle Berry or

Nude Descending a Staircase: DuChamp. Nude Descending No 2

Just saw it in a book when I was a kid and was thrilled when I got to see it in person at the Philly Art Museum ( "gonna fly now..." )

APBM

I like that question, let's have another go.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Tom Thompson's West Wind.

A Popinjay Belittles Marvels,

Has any book changed your life and, if so, which one?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
A few year's back after a spectacularly bad breakup, I was a complete mess, emotionally and physically ... in an effort to get in shape, I read a book called "Body for Life," which is in essence a dieting book/program ... it actually made a huge difference for me physically and emotionally ...

Another Person Below Me,

Same question

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Atlas Shrugged Just kidding. I never read any Ayn Rand.

I don't think any one book has changed my life. However, I would say that all the books I have read have had an influence on my life.

Asimov Patterson Bellows Michener,

What is your favorite film adaptation of a book?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Contact.

both film and book are each fantbulous in their own right. an excellent example of a film version that captures the spirit of the book without being limited to the pages.

APBM,

same Q.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
2001: A Space Odyssey

I think the film actually edges out the book for my tastes, though, because of how much is left unsaid. Hmmm... interesting that my choice was another in the Sci-Fi genre. Let's see if the pattern holds...

APBM,

same question.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Three way tie ... Jaws, the Godfather & Silence of the Lambs ...

aPbM,

Same question ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The Remains of the Day
APBM:
What is the most benevolent thing you've done in the past year?

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I took two of my great nieces to the ballet (Sleeping Beauty) and a great niece and great nephew to Dora Live.

APBM,

What was your favorite vacation from when you were a kid?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
When my Ma was upset, she'd might wake me up, we's get in the Belair and off we'd go. Bet I saw a third of the country that way. The one I remember the most, we were at Yellowstone, the main lodge. The sights of course, bears and Old Faithful were great but most remembered (remember, I'm a kid) was the lodge set up chairs and a projector for a nightly movie. We watched the original King Kong. That got my nerves up as it was but just as we were getting to sleep, the coyotes started yowling. I still on occasion remember that night in my dreams.

APBM

Kid vacations are telling. Keep this one going.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It would probably be when we used to go to Dinsey World every year in February (in Massachusetts, at least in the '70s and early '80s, the schools always closed in the third week of February).

We went there four consecutive Februaries. Then, in 1981, while we were in Florida, my parents asked my sister and me if we liked Florida. We both said we did. They announced that we were moving there and we started crying.

I never quite took to living there and left after I'd finished college. Living near the Great Mouse kind of turned me off theme parks in general.

But still, those years that we went when I was little were great fun.

APBM,

What was the best vacation you had as an adult?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I've only been on one vacation as an adult, most of my adult life I was too poor to go anywhere.
Last year my wife (well then fiance) and I went to Dominican Republic for a week, where she met my parents for the first time. The service at the resort was excellent and we went on some tours of the local area. My wife got to swim in an ocean for the first time in her life. My favorite part was going to the beach side market and trying to get good deals on stuff. Lots of fun!

Well I'm looking for ideas for my next vacation so.....same question.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
After I graduated from college in 1993, I went with two other students and our German professor to Germany. It was the first (and so far only) time I've been out of the U.S. We rented a car and spent 11 days driving around Berlin, Bavaria, Heidelberg, and other places, and even took a train into Innsbruck, Austria, to visit the Alpenzoo.

But my standout memory is overnighting in Leipzig, which just three years previously had been Communist territory.

Let's continue the travelogue: same question.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Sounds like this could be it's own thread.

After getting in a winter storm car wreck, insurance paid for a rental Volkswagon Golf, unlimited miles. [Smile]

Starting in Toledo, I picked up a buddy in Glen Ellyn and we did the Wall Drug, Corn Palace, Badlands (beautiful in winter), and all the usual stuff. Tetons were amazing. We x-country skiied into Yellowstone (I can still see the "blue" of the winter morning). Headed into Jackson Hole for some nightlife and even downhill skiied in Idaho. My buddy never left the bunny hill. At the end of the day, I asked him why. He said, "bunnies." (evil grin).

Well onto something new.

APBM

Describe a surprise out-of-town visit that you received.

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.