Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 106)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<after taking a closer look, My Wee Fem realizes that the "Lardy" she sees is just some random fat guy dressed as his favorite LMBer>

<the real deal, the bartender says, had left some time ago...>

<a surveillance check shows he'd left well before the assassination attempt on Cobalt>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
ladle of chum, por favor ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<turns from his lonely barstool where he was nursing his Diet Coke, to face the selachimorphic fellow who sat down next to him>

Chum away, old friend... chum away; these have been some rough times these last few days and we all need some solace wherever we can find it.

Barkeep! Another Diet Coke... just leave the bottle.

Yeah, sharky... how did it come to all this? I just wanted change for Legion World. I looked around and saw... chaos... and thought that a new powerbase could restore it to its former glory. And now... all this!

Oh, don't get me wrong... Clive... yeah, well, the writing was on the wall there... but Cobie? That wasn't supposed to have happe... I mean... that shouldn't have happened. It's just... you know... the man behind the man, and all that.

Dammit... sometimes the hard decisions have to be made!

Who's going to make them?!? You? Me?

No... a guy like Lard Lad, though... a man with vision. These are all his children, man, as far as you can see. Hell, man, out here, we are all his children.

The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in a classic sense. I mean, sometimes he'll... well, you say hello to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you and he won't even notice you. And then suddenly he'll grab you and he'll throw you in a corner and he'll say "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in 'life'? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you. If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you."

I'm a... little man, I'm a little man. He's a great man.

"I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas."

I... uh... should probably stop talking now...

<gets up and walks sadly out the door>

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hang on a sec, there! Ex, wait up!

<throws some coins on the bar>

Keep the change ...

<lumbers out the door after Exnihil>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<enters, looks around>

He always said he did some of his best thinking here...(though so many stories I've heard led me to believe he was thinking with something else)...

<smiles; quickly realizes she's thinking about Cobie, who is lying dying; her smile fades and anger & sadness resurface>

I need to figure out whether Lard Lad tried to kill Cobie or not. And if so, how to bring him down. But if not...then who...?

Dammit Cobie, what were you keeping secret even from me?

<sits at stool>

Babette, can I have a vodka tonic?

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
You forget you have friends, LO?

<Sits on stool next to JBL>

Babette, bring me a Red Ranger, Please.

You think we're working on something else? We'll always have your back LO, but we can't help if you shut us out...

Talk to me girl...

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Oh My...

Its my fault. Cobie counts on me...he relies on me. I always have his back so when he needs to be dramatic and over the top, I have all the angles figured out, and he has something to back that confidence up.

I was so mad...I walked out on him, abandoned him, and it was when he ended up needing me the most.

He's been so different for months, with this RMB, and those odd and vague references. He was working on something with Mayavale and some others, and when he was going to let me in on it--several times--I blew him off. I was trying to teach him a lesson.

I was trying to show him how much he needed me. But he always knew that. Just not in the way I meant for him to know it.

<looks down guiltily and shyly>

You'd think after being his confidante for so many years I'd learn a thing or too...

<tear down her cheek>

Oh My...

<hugs My Whee Fem>

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

^^
(some time later)

<hugs My>

Thanks My. For reminding me that without Cobie, it doesn't mean I'm alone.

And now that I'm here, I think I've got an idea...

<grabs trenchcoat given to her by Cobalt, and her holstered blaster, and runs out>

off to the streets of Legion World...

Rody the Super-Rat
Say CHEESE

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rody the Super-Rat           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like a Cheese Breeze, please.

--------------------
[Rodent-English translations provided courtesy of telepathic earplugs.]

From: The Legion of Super-Rodents clubhouse | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

<enters quietly, and quickly moves to booth in the back, away from prying eyes so she can just be alone>

I've been in here more these last few weeks than ever in my whole life...

...just need to get away from everyone for a little while...

*sniff*

<wipes away tears>

...i'm so stupid...

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Lo, You're gonna hate me for saying this girl, but it's like time to realize that he's a slut, he's always been a slut, and he'll always be a slut...

If you can love him the way he is... Well I'll always be here to listen.

Hey... <Pulls out a small package> This is from My. She's off doing something for Gram right now... but she wanted you to have this...

Babette can I get a Diet Pepsi, please?

If you wanna bi... talk, I'm here to listen...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

<wipes tears>

*sniff*...I know, I know...I don't know why I put myself through this...

<hugs Brit>

Thanks Brit. I think I just kinda needed someone to talk to that, y'know, understood me. Unlike all the testosterone controlled men we seem to always be around.

<smiles; looks at the package from Brit, and opens it, pulling out a locket>

Brit, thank you. I...I don't know what to say. When I last saw My, she was shrunken like one of your Kacks in the Banned'Em Zone. So if this is what I think it is...well, thanks.

<another hug>

I think I better have a diet pepsi too. Definitely not the time for a drink. Not because of him.

<giggles>

So if My Whee Fem is my personal demon, does she still get have her katanas?

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! I don't know where My is right now, Gram has her doing something for her...

But you like know that wherever she is she has those blades. She even wears them to bed!

Ask her about I.B.'s waterbed someday... But be ready to duck when you do... <Giggle>

Took her three whole days to dry everything out... <giggle>

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

<giggle, almost spits out diet pepsi>

I didn't hear about that! No wonder IB is so shy around her now!

So when are you going to get a boyfriend around here, Brit? Don't you like any of these guys?

<smiles to self>

I'm feeling better already...

Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
<departing from his Orrery, Phineas B. Fubble fades into SHAKES, one femtosecond into the future>

<made possible by the proximity of the chronometer, he is riding a wave of potenial... a sort of Schrodinger's tesseract of multiple futures. As such, he is invisible to those in the present, although all those around can sense a wave of disquiet, as one might the moment before one is tapped on the shoulder>

<maintaining this temporal distance, he watches the two girls>

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.