Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 105)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Alas, my posting days are limited... but I'll be there in spirit as you take the MMB forward into another glorious era!

[raises glass of Harp Lager in honor of Cobie]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
One last drink, for old times' sake -- a Fearless Leader, please.

I've made a lot of great memories here. Thanks, Semi, for starting the original SHAKES thread -- and for making this place the best home-away-from-home a guy could ask for.

[Stu finishes half of his drink, and contemplates the glass for a moment. He decides to leave the half-full glass on the bar, next to a photo of STU Puppy, curled up and sleeping. He then leaves, with one last backward glance; the triple marine-varnished antique saloon doors swing behind him, and slowly come to rest.]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm confused...I hope STU isn't really going to stop posting! (If that's the case, PM me Stuey!)

I'm semi-out of the loop lately

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Stu's been saying for weeks he would stop posting after achieving Time Trapper status. While he hasn't ruled out visiting down the road, he's been steadfast about the "retirement". Not entirely sure of his reasons, but he's alluded to some melancholy about LW now vs. LW a few years ago, particularly with regard to the MMB. Misses the more extensive roleplay, tag-teams, etc. versus the current fad for inane posting and post-padding. Can't say I entirely disagree.

So as far as being "out of the loop", there doesn't appear to be any loop, at least none I'm in on.

So, farewell to Stu, I guess.

To Stu!

<drinks a beer in Stu's honor>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
(Raises a glass also)

To Stu!

And thank you to Stu for his St. Elsewhere-esque "This is the way the World ends".

As for the MMB, well, it's what we make of it. BTW, aren't we past due for an election? [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
* sniff * Well, at least the doors are back at Shakes, even though we've lost STU.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Barkeep, I'll take the strongest drink you've got...

<thinks about what happened at the Rookery and a thousand different emotions flood over him>

Thanks...

<drains the glass in record time>

...another please!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<finishes his fourth>

Keep 'em comin', barkeep!

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh look... It's a fat drunk!

Yes, you'll make a fine LMBP Leader...

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Concord, I suggest you leave...

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Walk out or get carried out, makes no difference to me...)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahhh... The 'Resurected' Space Ranger...

You have a history of 'busting-up' SHAKES, don't you?

--------------------

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
And you have a history of attacking people from behind... or when they're drunk or otherwise incapacitated.

So I'm safe looking you right in the eye...

(Please try something, PLEASE!)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Yes you'd like me to try you, wouldn't you.

Unfortunately for you, I've had years of experience with a far better version of yourself, and I know my limitations.

And just for the record Spaced Ranger, Lardy and I have had our differences but there are a few things we see eye to eye on.

You would do well to stay out of our crosshairs.

Lardy, when you've sobered up contact me, we have a few things to discuss.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Whuh?!?! Yeah...see ya later...Lolita...

...nuther one, barkeep....

--------------------

Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Well now Lardy... What say you and me go back to my place and have a little talk? Hmmm?

Load him in the van boys... and call Doc One for a Sober Up Pill...

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.