Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 105)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
broccoli rabe

APBM,

What dish that you love isn't as popular/well-known as it should be?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This was originally an answer for Abin's question, but it fits Kent's as well.

Gefilte fish! I am quite possibly the only Gentile I know who loves it!

APBM,

Which holiday do you enjoy the most?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

through most of the 90s, it always seemed like I was travelling somewhere interesting and different for the 4th of July (Seattle, California, Alaska, the Jersey shore... even Luxembourg)... but that stopped.

I dunno... it varies year-to-year, actually.

April Precipitation Brings May-flora,

What is your favorite part of Spring?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The day after the cold rains, which would not be today.

Always, People Bothering Me

Your three easiest buttons to push (In case that's colloquial, name the three things that people do that get on your nerves, I promise never to use them )

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Yammering endlessly about fandoms they know perfectly well I either don't care about or can't stand.

2. Recycling the same pop culture catch phrase du jour more than twice in a single day. (Bonus points awarded for trendy racial/ethnic/sexist slurs that they think make them "cutting edge" instead of just unimaginative jerkfaces.)

3. Smoking indoors. When it's my damn house.

Arrgh. Plotz. Bah. Merde.

Same question.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Casting celebrity voices in cartoons instead of seasoned voice actors. (Strange choice, I know, but I just read in the Gym'll forum that Michael Madsen is voicing Kilowog in the Green Lantern animated movie, and I'm angry.)

2. Addressing me like you think you're smarter than me.

3. Rushing into the elevator before I've gotten out.

APBM,

What are your three favorite articles of clothing?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A pair of well worn briefs (guys and frustrated wives know what I mean).

superman jammy tops, gift.

Extremely thick hided suade jacket I picked up in Bolivia with a zipper flap over the zipper and flip up collar that prevents ANY wind from getting in. Could probably stop a bullet.

APBM

Fun question, let's do it again.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A pair of gray cotton shorts I've had for years (got 'em on now!). No holes, just real comfy.

Any of my superhero T's.

A red and black jacket I can't seem to find a replacement for. My daughter told me if I bought a new one, she wouldn't know me.

Argyles, Pullovers, Belts, Moccasins.

Same Question.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
A bright pink t-shirt, just about ready for the rags bin, which I've got on now.

My wetsuit, not kinky, it just enables me to swim in the cold ocean.

Some old L.L. Bean wool socks, which are really dense and warm, and which they don't sell/produce anymore.

All People Beware Mumus:

Is there a favorite article of clothing from your past, something you don't have anymore but wish you did?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A Lucky (brand) linen blazer with military detailing. I cleaned out my closets about a two years ago and donated a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. I figured I'd worn the blazer enough and it was time to let it go, but now I miss it. It was so very easy to dress up or down and it fit so well.

APBM

Do you enjoy clothes shopping?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
No. A thousand times no. Women's clothes are always sized and designed by career sadists. Not to mention that in general, they're badly-crafted and hideously overpriced. (This is true whether you're skinny or fat.) My favorite place to shop is Goodwill, where I can rummage in the Men's Dept. without anyone giving me the fisheye. Even then, I get nervous and twitchy if I have to spend more than an hour or two in the place.

Always Purchasing Black Material

What's the dumbest fashion trend you ever participated in?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I'm note sure I've ever participated in one.

The closest might be the neo-retro-hippy bit in the late 80s; but even that was limited to tie-dyes, long hair and John Lennon glasses.

All Potheads Bring Munchies,

What was your favorite retro era?

cleome46

Honestly, I don't think that I've got one. I treat past eras like a buffet bar, where I pick at the varied aesthetics and so forth, without ever really filling up on any one thing. The sad truth is that, grouch though I am, I feel perfectly at home in the era I'm in. It's impossible to imagine myself in any previous era.

Art Politics Baseball Music

If somebody really could tell you something important about your future that would definitely come to pass/could not be changed, would you want to know, or not?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Probably not. The "Something Important" part is why. But if it was some random or funny tidbit, I'd definitely want to know!

APBM,

Whether you like the sport or not: you're stuck having to play an all day long baseball game in a beautiful day with people you like to be around. You must pick a position to go play for 9 whole innings. What position do you pick?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Ah, wiggle room. I'll only play with the right handers I like and I'll take right field, a picnic basket, a portable tv and maybe the laptop.

APBM

Do you think is was unfair of me to pick only right handers; discuss?

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.