Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 104)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<passes out>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
(Rocky picks up Lardy and carries him out of the bar.)

Good thing I always have a few guest rooms at the ready at the Rookery. I'll take care of you, old pal.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<ralphs a little bit more while unconscious, unfortunately on Rocky>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Eww! Good thing my feathers are waterproof!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
And let's not forget that the person who posted just above you is living proof that new, creative, fun people join up and become part of the family.

(Raises a glass of Dalwhinnie)

I'll drink to that! It's always gratifying to see how quickly new posters can become old friends, and how much they enrich the boards with their ideas and creativity.

I also remember how daunting it is to take that first step -- even when I started posting in 2001, a core group of LMBPers had already been very tight for a year. It was a bit intimidating to just jump in and start posting as the new guy, but I'll always be glad that I did.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
So, I'm sorry you feel disenchanted, Stu. For what it's worth, I enjoyed reading your 10,000 Club descriptions, even though I didn't have anything to contribute to the thread. I guess I'm more the argumentative type than the creative type. [shrug]

[raised his Black Russian in a toast]

Not disenchanted so much, but maybe a bit maudlin from the drink. [Smile]

Definitely nostalgic, though... What a curious thing it is to have been on these collective LMBP message boards long enough to feel nostalgia for the heady days of 2001/2002!

Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
A toast to friends present and absent, new and old.

[cue Auld Lang Syne]

There are a couple of old MB friends that I sometimes think about, and wonder what they're up to. BBC/Seahorse, Terence, Mart, OMEGA Matt, and a couple of others... I hope they're well, wherever they are and whatever they're doing.

Anyway, even if I'm no longer actively posting, doesn't mean I've left the boards. You can take the guy out of the LMBP, but you can't take the LMBP out of the guy. [Smile]

When I was away from posting for about two years, I still had a number of great "board" experiences -- I had the chance to meet up with posters that I'd previously met in Dallas or Boston, and also to meet some other posters for the first time. San Diego was, of course, probably my favorite meet-up ever -- and that came on the heels of my longest hiatus ever.

So don't worry, Lardy -- I'm sure I'll be around. [Wink]

Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
(Rocky picks up Lardy and carries him out of the bar.)

[Eek!]

Wow. Hoppy is much stronger than I thought he was!

:impressed:

Stu
Time Trapper

Barkeep, I'll have a Hot Hoppy*, please.

Good night, all!

*Also known as a Hot Rocky, or a hot toddy in non-LW parlance.

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Werezompire Stu:
[I also remember how daunting it is to take that first step -- even when I started posting in 2001, a core group of LMBPers had already been very tight for a year. It was a bit intimidating to just jump in and start posting as the new guy, but I'll always be glad that I did.

You and I have been posting for about the same length of time. I joined the LMB in January 2001. (Seven years--Wow!)

Immediately prior to joining, I was posting on a rec.arts.legion group, which was occasionally fun for serious debating, but it lacked the sense of camaraderie we've acheived on LW. I would check in for days at a time, and there would be no new posts from anyone.

I was also a member of a few other groups. Two were dedicated to TV series: "Homicide: Life on the Street" and "Babylon 5." The third was a mailing list for fans of Jefferson Airplane/Starship. The first two were fun, but my interest waned after the TV series were cancelled. The third had some cool posters but was also an unmoderated mess of in-fighting, condescension, and god-like reverence toward certain musicians. (Just try to offer an opposing view to someone who thinks Grace Slick's anti-Christian song "Easter?" is the final word on religion.)

I guess for all of these reasons, I've come to appreciate the camaraderie of Legion World even more. We go out of our way, it seems, to welcome new members. We don't belittle others. We even try to coax back members who haven't posted in awhile.

And inane thread posting is sometimes more challenging than it looks [Big Grin] At the very least, inane threads give some of us a reason to stay connected until we find more Legion-related topics to talk about.

So, nostalgia is fine, but here's to the hear and now--however inane it may be. [Smile]

[downs the last of his Black Russian and orders a glass of Chardonnay to see if what they say about mixed drinks is true in virtual reality.]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
[downs the last of his Black Russian and orders a glass of Chardonnay to see if what they say about mixed drinks is true in virtual reality.]

Is it?
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

quote:
And inane thread posting is sometimes more challenging than it looks [Big Grin] At the very least, inane threads give some of us a reason to stay connected until we find more Legion-related topics to talk about.

So, nostalgia is fine, but here's to the hear and now--however inane it may be. [Smile]

You're right, HWW. The inane threads have their own challenges. They build community in their own way.

quote:
Barkeep, I'll have a Hot Hoppy*, please.

Good night, all!

*Also known as a Hot Rocky, or a hot toddy in non-LW parlance.

As I've said before, this place is great for my ego! [Wink]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:

Is it?
I'll let you know when I wake up. [I Dunno]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Now that I'm nearing Time Trapper, I think I'll have a nightcap by the fireplace every evening until I reach the last post.

'Night, all...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'll join you there, Stu. We can discuss not only old days to remember fondly, but new days to come and where we shall take the MMB going forward.

For surely change must come and we shall be its architects!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.