Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 103)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cancellation is always sad, even though I don't read the current series.

[raises a toast to the LSH]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
A sad day indeed. They should have just labeled Shooter's run as a limited guest writer series. Another, please, barkeep.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
[sits in a quiet corner by the fireplace, nursing a drink and contemplating his impending retirement from LW]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
[never one to let a brother drink alone, Exnihil buys a round, pulls up a chair, and plops down uninvited next to Stu]

Hey, STU, digging the new look! Halloween come early this year? Ha, I kid! I kid 'cause I love.

So... retirement, eh?

Yeah... it's not like the old days. When my grandfather used to post, a guy could retire on four, maybe five thousand posts. In this economy, though? Forget about it. Are you sure that 10 is gonna do you? If I were you... just some friendly advice... I'd wait 'til 15... you know, just a little something extra for the golden years.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I think our mall had its Halloween decorations up the last week of September! I just figured I'd get into it early this year, since I probably won't be active when Halloween actually rolls around.

I miss the old days, when the boards were filled with role-playing and parody threads... you can find a lot of them by just going back a dozen pages or more in the MMB archives. Sure, your post count rose a lot slower then, but you also had more posts that you actually remembered... that you went back to and re-read, and savored. Can't really say that about the "one word" or rhyming posts so much.

Not that I don't participate in -- or enjoy -- those threads, each in their own way, but it's not quite the same.

And SHAKES used to be a lot livelier, too... seems there would always be a couple of regulars in here every night. Now Semi only comes by occasionally; Miner hasn't posted in weeks; and Arachne hasn't posted in months. Even Vee doesn't drop by SHAKES anymore.

I can't say for sure that this retirement will be permanent, but I can't say that it won't, either. Maybe one day I'll pop in and things on the MMB will be flourishing like they once were, you know?

[Stu literally licks his wounds, which is a lot easier (and less inappropriate) now that he's lupine]

I think I'll have a Fearless Leader, just for old times' sake...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been around here long enough to know that the MMB goes in cycles. It will come around again.

Don't stay away too long, STU. You're part of the family.

And let's not forget that the person who posted just above you is living proof that new, creative, fun people join up and become part of the family.

(Raises a glass of Dalwhinnie)

A toast to friends present and absent, new and old.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shenu
Falsely accused

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shenu   Email shenu         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh times they are going to be changing alright, more than you might think...MWHAHAHAHAHAHA

*leaves*

--------------------
Through the sands of time
an ancient evil unleashed
I come to end it
its path of destruction

From: undisclosed | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The MMB is what you make of it. I used to try to engage others in debates or serious discussions about Legion-related issues, and I still do on occasion. But such threads tend to have short lives or don't go as deep as I would prefer. (Often, they end up with unqualified statements such as "I prefer this" or "I agree with that"--which aren't arguable.) But I've come to appreciate serious discussions when they do occur. That's one reason I started my various "Revisited" threads last year. I truly appreciate the insights that others have offered.

In the meantime, I see LW as a place to hang out with some cool people, goof off, and let off steam. I willingly get suckered into the post count competitions (mainly with myself as a personal goal), but LW is more than that--otherwise, we could just have an Inane Letter thread so we could all be Time Trappers and be done with it.

So, I'm sorry you feel disenchanted, Stu. For what it's worth, I enjoyed reading your 10,000 Club descriptions, even though I didn't have anything to contribute to the thread. I guess I'm more the argumentative type than the creative type. [shrug]

[raised his Black Russian in a toast]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by shenu:
Oh times they are going to be changing alright, more than you might think...MWHAHAHAHAHAHA

*leaves*

I ask you, what's more annoying than villains who don't know that "alright" is not a word? [sigh] [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<downing eighth shot of tequila>

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRPPPPPP

That damn Stu, all high and mighty! I roleplay my freakin' ASS off here!!!!

Gimme another, barkeep!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Lardy, are you going to be all right? You're a little past tipsy here and headed for sloshed.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     

Rocky--that bashtard Shtu...gonna leave ush!

Can't...loozh....another....

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

(Puts arm around his friend)

That's his choice. We'll be here, holding down the fort.

Now, can I get you some water? All that tequila is going to dehydrate you something awful.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Whatever you shay, Rocky...'sbin tuff fer me sinsh I came back from th' dead, y'know? Havin' Shtu be here...hazh helped make it eazhier. Wonna the few people I 'member, y'know?

Don...don' 'member you before I died. Shur are helluva nice guy, tho...

...luv you, MAN!

<pauses, turns white, pukes all over floor>

...er, shorry....

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

(Chuckles)

Well, I love you, too, Lardy. You've been a good friend--before and after dying.

Babette, could you bring a mop and bucket over here? Thanks.

--------------------

This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.