Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 101)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Rocky, our old house had a stray cat who'd literally lived in a broken bucket in the backyard until we rescued him. Just a normal-looking B&W cat with medium-long hair. We started calling him "Mister Bucket" and from there it was only a matter of time before he became "Monsieur Bouquet."

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My favourite (must spell with "U" in this case) scene was where Our Rose decided she was going to become a nun and went to get a recommendation from the Dishy Vicar while Emmett and Hyacinth were practicing for a recital in the parish hall (Hyacinth had pushed herself into Emmett's recital) and somehow Rose ends up in a storage closet with the vicar and falls on top of him. The vicar's wife comes in and says "Ex-cuse me!" to which Rose replies "It's all right! I'm going to be a nun!"

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Often overlooked Britcom classics:
Bless Me, Father
Chef
To The Manor Born

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Captain Wanders, may I have a word with you? I am concerned that this thread is getting too much attention. It is like my pussy - too much attention and it gets over stimulated and then very cranky.

Well, Mrs. Quiscombe, I shall take up the matter with Mr. Rumcrawler immediately. However, do not expect anything to be done, since, as you know, nothing ever is.

(Perhaps Young Mr. Scooter can pop in to tell us we've all done very well. [Smile] )

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Huh?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Often overlooked Britcom classics:
Bless Me, Father
Chef
To The Manor Born

I haven't seen the other two, but I did enjoy To the Manor Born.

I also can't help watching Keeping Up Appearances, in spite of the fact that it's basically the same plot over and over. Hyacinth schemes to impress her neighbors, she makes Elizabeth drop her coffee cup in Hyacinth's kitchen, she forces Richard to do something impractical and dangerous, she's embarrassed by Daisy, Onslow, and Rose, she tries to impress the Vicar and/or Emmett, and all her schemes fly apart in her face.

Still, the cast is terrific and they make the most of thin material!

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Huh?

You need to watch you some Britcoms, man!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I also enjoyed:
Chef
The Brittas Empire

And two that surely would appeal to this crowd:
My Hero
Red Dwarf

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Then there was So Haunt Me about a family moving into a house that is haunted by the previous owner, a middle-aged Jewish woman. Hearing a British Jewish accent is something else.

Also funny is Father Ted

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

So many of those above I haven't even heard of. PBS, get with the programme! [Big Grin]

Another show I adore is As Time Goes By.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I preferred Waiting for God to As Time Goes By. ATGB seemed to treaclely for my tastes.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! I like love watching those old like re-runs of Monty's Flying Python Circus!

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of which, I feel it's now right to do some shameless namedropping and say I recently got to meet both Terry Gilliam and Neil Innes.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! That's so like kewl! Where did you meet them at work or like at home in their crypt?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Terry Gilliam and Neil Innes are vampires?!

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.