Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 101)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Seashore. Give me a hurricane over an avalanche.

Antigua Barbados Papua Madagascar,

Tropical or temperate?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Temperate ...

A P B M

white or milk chocolate?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Milk Chocolate, absolutely.

All Planets Besides Mercury,

Do you think we will find life on other planets in the next 50 years or so?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't they already found some lichen on Mars? If you are talking sentient life, I would say that if it out there, we will find it, but probably it will take more than 50 years.

Asteroids Pluto Betelgeuse Mars,

Have you ever been mugged?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
nope.

Anna Paquin's Best Momento,

Have you ever lied to get out of a speeding ticket (or similar citation)?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Everytime [Big Grin] And its about 50/50 results, so I will continue to do so.

APBM,

Ever have an interesting jury duty experience?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never actually served on a jury. However, I was called for jury duty several times. Once, it was a medical malpractice case. There had to be about 200 potential jurors. After eliminating those that knew people involved, the judge would call a juror and the juror would have a chance to ask to be excused for a reason. The judge seemed to let a lot of people go. As it approached my number, there were not a lot left after me.

At the time, I was just about to gradfuate from law school. Graduation was actually that Friday. The judge had said that the trial would last 2 weeks. When my number was called, I asked to be excused so I could attend my graduation. The judge saw that there were not a lot of jurors left and still had a couple of seats to fill. He asked me exactly when graduation was scheduled for. I said 1 pm. So he said "I can't excuse you just yet. But if I have to seat you, I'll call a recess so you can attend your graduation."

He ended up doing the same for 2 other guys. Finally, it was down to the three of us with one seat to fill. The judge picked one of the two other guys. I think the guy he picked was moving. The judge then excused me and the third guy and the two of us wasted no time getting out of there.

Astronomy Physics Biology Meterology,

What was your favorite subject in school, and what about it made it your favorite?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
<===English major.

Why? I learned to love analyzing and interpreting stories, particularly when I realized I could do the same for comic books.

Algebra PhysEd Botany Music,

Same Q.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
History, because it is the story of people and people are crazy (plus I like seeing why things are the way they are).

APBM (what is up with that? I'm confused)

What was the biggest mess you ever made when you attempted to cook/bake something?

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
(APBM = another person below me, but at some point we started making it an acronym for anything else, sometimes related to the question asked)

Once I was making a potato purée in the blender. It had just come off the stove and was really hot. This was also the first time I'd done this and I overfilled the container. The steam of the purée blew the top off the blender and the contents went all over the kitchen. One corner of it, anyways.

A Pointless Battle, Mainly:

Was there something you cooked that was so bad you just threw it out?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty much everything.

A Box Playing Music.

What brings the best memories for you: phonegraph, 8-track... I-Pod.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I never had an 8=track, I do not (yet) have an iPod, so phonograph wins by default.

My favorite vinyl memories were hunting down rarities in cramped little NYC shops (back before all rarities and obscure recordings were available everywhere on the web, and in boxed CD sets). Also, getting Pete Best's autograph on a pressing of Silver Beatles songs.

Argyll Bluesox Past Mending,

What was your favorite concert/live music experience?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Going to see George Strait with my dad. It was a huge concert and Tim McGraw was there as well. It was just a lot of fun and my dad and I spent about half the day at that concert (it was a big mega concert).

The only downside to the day was that we didn't buy me a cowboy hat.

I've been to other concerts that were a lot more upbeat and crazier, but that was just a great day.

Any Body Play Mahjong?

Have you ever won concert tickets? If so, how was the experience/concert?

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I did win tickets to se the cellist Yo Yo Ma on a radio trivia contest. I don't know how the concert was because I gve the tickets to my sister and her husband.

ACDC Pink Beatles Manilow,

What is your favorite board game?

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Eurorails, but I doubt (m)any of you have even heard of it.

Allied Powers Bombing Munich,

what obscure/quirky little favorite of yours do you wish had wider social appeal?

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.