Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 100)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wall St. Journal! My work pays for it, but I generally enjoy reading the news articles. The editorials I skip though because they're basically far-right 'pro-business / anti-Obama' nuts at the Wall St. Journal. But the articles on business and the markets are still top notch.

I really want to subscribe to the New York Times, but would have to figure out when I'd read it. I used to subscribe but let the subscription expire. I love the Times, its the best international news you can find in the US.

I love reading newspaper in print. The entire process I find thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable. At the same time, I basically dislike online news and everything about it. I only read comic book online news unless something really fascinating catches my eye. Its just not the same. Computers suck [Big Grin]

APBM,

Same question!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I tried to subscribe to the Sunday Boston Globe, but they did have anyone who delivers in my neighborhood.

Alice Passions Baywatch Mannix,

What TV show would like to have been a character on and what would your role have been?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I wanted to be on Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. I would have been the vampire that explained, "We don't attack you because we want your blood. We attack you because, frankly, you're fucking annoying." I was not in the room when they were giving out the Wheedon Appreciation Gene.

Aghast Patrons Berate Me

Again, Kids. Again.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As a kid, I had an imaginary role on the original "Star Trek" series. I was the environmental engineer (whose bridge station was on the left side of the turbolift, next to Scotty's); I was also German, which enabled me to say things like, "Jawohl, Herr Captain!" (Hey, I was also watching "Hogan's Heroes" at the time.) But I wore a gold (command) shirt instead of red (engineering) because I figured I would look better in gold.

APBM,

If you could have a role on any current TV series, what would it be?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Agh! I don't watch that much current TV.

I would be House's boss, (on House)because I would love to tell him to shut up no one cares (I love House, but I would love to give him a taste of his own medicine, I think it would be fun).

Oh, almost forgot my question.

Um, if you could rewrite the ending of any movie, which movie would it be and what would the new ending be?

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I would break The Dark Knight into two separate movies, moving the Two-Face transformation out into its own so the two films seem like two films, not like two smashed into one.

Alsatian Portobello Baked Magnificently,

If you had to have one, what would your costumed kid sidekick be like?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Plucky female teenage sidekick, experiencing teenage years as only a female can. Attractive but extremely vulnerable! Basically, she'd be Jailbait Lass [Big Grin]

APBM,

I like this one, so lets do it again!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
I would go with female sidekick as well, mostly because young male sidekick might get the tabloids talking (I'm femaile btw, in case the "steph" part of the name didn't clue you in).

Plucky but not really a fighter, more of my "logistic" support as I wouldn't want to expose a young lady to the dangers of crime fighting. Essentially the kid who waits in the car or googles something for me as I bust the bad guys heads.

Costume would probably be jeans and a sweatshirt with a logo on it and a mask for good measure, again, not really looking for someone to bust heads with me, but more logistical support or someone to drag my butt to the hospital (or at least call 911) when needed.

Must be able to drive.

Ok, let's be deravitive!

If you could be a sidekick, what type of sidekick would you be (and if you want who would you be a sidekick of)?

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Jailbait Lad for Linda Carter, uh, I mean, Wonder Woman.

APBM

What's your favorite way to spoil yourself?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Leave myself out of the fridge overnight.
:drummroll: Thank yew folks, I'll be here all week

(well, I won't, actually)

but seriously, ladies and germs... I like to travel. I rarely get to actually "spoil" myself; last time I could do that was a couple weeks in Italy back in 02.

Atlantic Pacific Baltic Mediterranean,

Sane Q.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I love to travel, so that's one answer, but in all honesty the best way I spoil myself is I go out to bars / restaurants with my friends (and wife) and just have a great time without caring how much I spend. I don't do it too often anymore, but I do try to recapture the 22 year old Cobie who would spend $100 at the bar on Friday night and not feel even the slightest bit guilty. Except now I allocate it more to include cab rides, food afterwards and other things...I *did* learn some things these last couple years [Big Grin]

APBM,

What's your reccomendation of a great place to travel to that most people on LW have never heard of? Cost isn't an issue, but make it somewhere relatively easy to get to.

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Lake Diablo, Washington State

Pic doesn't do it justice. Blue sky, electric teal water (I think that's from mineral run-off up in the mountains.), pines, snowcaps... sooo gorgeous, especially in Summertime.

Any Photo's Been Mounted ?

Are you a camera-snappin' fiend on vacation, or would you rather let somebody else handle it ?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I like to take a lot of pictures of scenery or cool buildings and things like that. My wife hates it if there isn't a person in the picture, yet doesn't want it to be her...

All Paper Boys Miss,

Have you ever had your picture in your local paper and what for?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Often. When I was a kid, for science fairs or boy scouts. As a reporter, I'd sometimes get caught in a pic the competing paper took. After I left the paper, reporter friends of mine would still try to get me in there from time to time.

APBM,

same Q

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Pic doesn't do it justice. Blue sky, electric teal water (I think that's from mineral run-off up in the mountains.), pines, snowcaps... sooo gorgeous, especially in Summertime.

Lake Louise is similar. Apparently tourists often inquire as to what the locals put in the water to get it that color!

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
No picture in the newspaper, but I did have a letter to the editor printed and I have been interviewed twice on TV as the man-in-the-street.

Angela Bassett Paul Muni,

The mountains or the seashore?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.