Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd say so, since you've posted it in about 5 threads.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
One Track Mind Lass, that's me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Now, if we can just get it on the "right" track. [Wink]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What 80s music, if any, do you like, Dev?

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

I was, and am a huge Police fan (blame my Uncle. He got me into them, comics and Stephen King)

I love a lot of '80's stuff. Art of Noise was great. Tears for Fears. Metallica, when they good. I loved Ah Ha, and actually bought about 5 Cassettes of their stuff.

I have no one style of music I like, but I like what I like no matter what.

Dev - Em
KIA

I'm an 80's boy. My teen years were during that time...so there you go.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I love A-Ha (have their complete singles CD) and Tears For Fears' first two albums, especially the artier first one.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Songs from the big chair. Love that album. Mostly overlooked by the populace at large.

Ah Ha was huge overseas for a long time...they still might be.

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Actually, Songs From the Big Chair was the multiplatinum album, and the culty one was called The Hurting.

But I love SFtBC almost as much as TH. After 25 years, I can still listen to Everybody Wants to Rule the World and get chills.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

That's right. Sorry. Which one had Mother talks? Mine are buried behind a mound of toys or else I'd look.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

SFtBC had Mothers Talk.

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
In my opinion, the ultimate 80's band is Platinum Blonde.
I loved that band back then, even saw them in concert twice

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I just wikied Platinum Blonde.

I'm definitely intrigued.

Thanks, Deddy.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Another earlier post that got lost in the shuffle:

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
In the Forgotten Ear Candy Gems of the 80s category is Karla Bonoff's "Somebody's Eyes", from the "Footloose" soundtrack album. As re-inventions for singer/songwriters of the 70s go, this synth-pop bauble is hard to beat. IMO it should have been a much bigger hit, but then, if it had been, a lot of people would have gotten sick of it years ago.

It also occured to me in the interim that she was probably envious of Kim Carnes' success with "Bette Davis Eyes" and wanted a synth-pop hit of her own.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
In my opinion, the ultimate 80's band is Platinum Blonde.
I loved that band back then, even saw them in concert twice

good band! whether or not they were ultimate.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.