Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That might be another good thing to raffle. I've got duplicates of each issue of the current Legion (I always buy at least two of each). We could see if Waid and Kitson would sign like a full year or two (I'm thinking maybe the first full story arc) and we could do a raffle for that too. Just trying to think of things that I would love to own myself. [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
You know, getting pictures of Waid, Wacker or Kitson in a Legion World T-Shirt would be quite the little feather in our cap...

I bet I could get Waid and Wacker to do it. They love me. [Wink] That or they'll see me and run far, far away...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare Kent Shakespeare has just turned 52
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Bumped to remind everyone:

San Diego 2008 is THE LW gathering to end all gatherings! Whatever your vacation plans this year, keep in mind your obligation to meet the entire gang in July 2008!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
And remember: if you're not there, we *will* be talking about you! [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still thinking of skipping everything in 2007 and saving as much vacation time as possible so we can have a couple of weeks around SDCC in 2008.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll probably be doing the same unless I can get somewhere by car, to save for LMB-Con 2008!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Same here, I'd like to spend more than just a weekend at the big meet, so I'm looking to save up money and time off.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well given where we are coming from a couple of weeks is a must. But I may need to spread myself around a bit. Maybe crash with some one on the east coast for a day or so R&R after the atlantic crossing before heading for the meet?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd been thinking about taking a full week at SD before (the office doesn't want me going out more than that), so this dovetails nicely with my own plans.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spectacled Legion

We've also discussed on and off renting a van or minivan and driving there and back. With enough interested parties, it could be economical (plus one can hit a few sites en route), but anyone who can only wiggle one week off will of course be better off flying.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
or teleport. now that we're wackerless, who do we have to nudge and remind about the 50th anniversary?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Caroline and I will be driving from SLC. Anyone wanting to fly into town and drive with us is welcome.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
or teleport. now that we're wackerless, who do we have to nudge and remind about the 50th anniversary?

We should ambush Steve anyway, just to let him know we still care.

As for the Legion anniversary, I'd suggest the current editor.

[ December 28, 2006, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Outdoor Miner ]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spectacled Legion

At San D, Levitz suggested Wacker (still the editor, then) and someone in the PR dept, but I can't recall who.
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
This soudns very good... I'd love to go to San Diego next time and spend some time hitting things other than the con. ;-)
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.