Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Autumn will be here soon.... (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Autumn will be here soon....
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:

That and I saw a cloud that looked like the Slave One the other day.

SWEET! Didn't think to snap a pic, though, eh? [Frown]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The camera is broken or else I would have.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
It is definitely Autumn here this morning in southern Ontario - brrrrrr [Shudder]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
It's here.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
It's getting a bit cooler here too, but certainly nothing like in the temperate zones of the world.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it over yet??
Not that I'm looking forward to winter or anything!! [Shudder]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Love this weather. Went without a coat today. Nice cool crisp day.

Note: having good insulation around the midsection helps. [Wink]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Couple of different versions of a Classical piece from China called "Harvest Celebration" (or "Celebration of a Rich Harvest").

First (I love how Violin Lad breaks a string and just keeps playing! [Cool] )

Second

I got hooked listening to this because of a 2002 Shanghai Quartet CD I have. Definitely sounds like leaves whirling in a bracing November wind, or the farmhands rushing to get the last of the fruit indoors before the frost.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

All the leaves changing colour and the "crisp fall weather" nonesense is lost on me. After living in Canada for almost 42 years that is.

I know, I know .... MOVE TO A WARMER COUNTRY!!!

I get that a lot! [LOL]

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
FK, when you live in a place where it's over 90F/32C every day from May to September, "crisp fall weather" when it finally comes at the end of October is a wonderful thing! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

I bet.

Now imagine the horror you would feel after about a month of that "wonderful crisp fall weather" and it gets even colder, and THEN you wake up one morning to discover you're buried in 5 feet of snow ... unable to open your front door, and even if you did the roads aren't plowed yet so you ain't goin' anywhere anytime soon. Time to get out the old shovel!
Hope you're in shape, maybe do some stretches before you head out for that hour - hour and a half of back-breaking snow shovelling.
Gee, maybe I SHOULD have invested in that snow blower that went on clearance at the end of last winter!

Not such a wonderful thing at this point.
I'm just sayin' ...

But I'm not bitter.
[LOL]

Dev - Em
KIA

I can't wait. [Yes]
future king

That's it ... I'm taking all the snow that falls on my property this year and dumping it on your driveway!
Dev - Em
KIA

Feel free. The snow plow in my neighborhood does all the time.
future king

If they ever did that to me here I'd have their hides!
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.