Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The TEN YEAR ANNIVESARY thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The TEN YEAR ANNIVESARY thread
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Happy Anniversary LMBP!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for all the memories LMBP.

I've been around in some form since the first week of it's inception and have made some great friends through this board.

Looking forward to making new friends as we continue forward!

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So many memories...and I've only been here for half the LMBP's existence!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've also only been around for half that time, but I can't imagine not having this community around! In August 2005 I stumbled across a Legion fan site and never dreamed that the people I met there virtually would truly become friends. Ten thousand one hundred fifty-two inane and non-inane posts, an incredible trip to San Diego and countless memorable moments later, here I am and remain.

Thank you all!

[Hug] [Hug] [Hug]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you, Rocky, for helping make this one of the most pleasant places on the web, and for helping keep the great comic strip Peanuts alive in our collective consciousness. I'm very proud to be part of the same Class of 2005 as you, Caliente, and Tamper Lad.

[Hug]

--------------------

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Congratulations, everyone (especially Nighty!). Who would have thought that this would last that long...

I don't necessarily post all that much, but I've been around since the beginning and read a lot of what is here. Always a pleasure hearing about old friends.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Hear Hear!

A special thanks to Nighty for keeping this forum and the dream going from month to month.

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Yes. Thank you, Nightcrawler, without whom...?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Happy Anniversary Legion Worlders!! You all make this a very pleasant home.

A very heartfelt thank you to Nightcrawler!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] Happy Anniversary, LMBP! [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy]

I've only been around for about two years but, in that time, this place has become my favorite online spot. The passion and creativity of the members makes it easy to see why a decade after it's humble beginnings the LMBP is still going strong.

Here's to another 10!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Happy Anniversary LW & Thanks Nightcrawler.

Back when I was a kid who was hooked on the Legion of Superheroes, I never imagined that I'd be part of a thriving community that actually "got it".

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

That's one of the things I love about LW, the diversity of opinion. I honestly believe that I didn't really "get it" until I joined LW. Before that, I was a casual fan and my real passions were L.E.G.I.O.N. and the Marvel Universe. I'm very grateful that you've all helped me gain a greater appreciation of LSH and the DC Universe.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, well, well.

Ten years later.

Ten freaking years later [Big Grin]

I was there on Day One and though I was missing for a few brief spells in the earliest years, I’ve basically been around ever since. I really can’t express what the LMB means to me after all these years—I know I’ve tried on past anniversaries. I’m not much of a computer person, and certainly not an online social-networking person. But I’ve continually loved coming online to interact with the LMB steadily for a long time. Its become a part of my lifestyle—it’s a hobby in addition to my comic book collecting hobby (and at times, infinitely more enjoyable). My brother, my Dad, my wife…they all know that I come on to “…that website you always visit”.

When I first joined/co-founded the LMB, I was 18 years old. I was a freshman in college with no idea what I was going to do in life. I had never been on an airplane, I had barely ever spent any time online, I lived in my parents house when I wasn’t at school and I had never been in love. Now its 10 years later and the LMB has seen my grow up, graduate, struggle in relationships, fall in love, get married, get ready to have a baby, get a dog, buy a condo, get a job and now stay at it for several years so I’ve been promoted as a young executive, travel all over the country and so much more.

I’ve literally known Lash, Lardy, Cru, Far, Dev and so many others for 10 whole years. Stu & Pov for 9. EDE for 7. Kent for 7. Stealth and Rocky for 5. And many others in between and since. When you know someone that long you can recall conversations from years earlier. Friendship is an ambiguous indefinable thing that is unique for every two people and I’m thrilled I’ve got some great friendships through the LMB.

A huge amount of love has to go to [Nightcrawler] for creating Legion World and giving this group a home and really holding us together ever since. Also, [Crusader   Princess Crujectra - Newcru] gets as much love as possible for always being the “spiritual leader” of the LMB since just about its earliest days.

There’s been a lot of laughs and a lot of great friendships. Some real intellectual conversations and some really light-hearted fun. Even the weird, awkward and annoying things we dealt with are kind of funny years later.

And I can’t wait for 10 more years of it.

[Cheers] [Legion Flag]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Bravo, Cobie. Well said.

Glad you mentioned Spellbinder. I miss him and his wonderfully flamboyant Princess persona. He does turn up now and again in the oddest places (the Snuggies thread??) but I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say I'd like to see him a lot more.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

I was just thinking that 10 years ago at this point I was Married, about to turn 30, and had just found out we were going to have a baby.

10 years later...I'm about to turn 40, still married, and we have two beautiful kids, who share my love for comics characters. My daughter (soon to be 10 herself) has read through all my Legion Archives and said that she cannot wait to join this group someday. My son is 2, and loves Spiderman, jumps up and down when daddy puts on his Flash t-shirt...of which he has the same one. Pictures as soon as possible on that one.

I cannot wait to see whee we all go from here.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.