Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Thread II had no winner.

quote:
From Thread I:
THE RULES:

1) THE BASIC IDEA: Post to this thread, if no one posts after you for 7 days, you win!

2) Posts that are not direct responses to one of the five preceding posts are ineligible to win. The topic can drift, but no complete non-sequitors. Posts that are responses to non-sequitors are also ineligible to win. Posts that are responses to responses to non-sequitors, and responses to those posts, etc., become eligible, however.

3) In the event that this thread is locked, there shall be no winner unless a new thread is started for the contest. Furthemrore, any post that results in the banning of the poster shall also be ineligible to win.

4) So, more precisely, one wins if one makes a post, and then no one makes another post that's eligible to win for seven days.

Maybe I can win this time.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just curious: What exactly do you "win" if you win?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The honor and prestige of winning. Plus the groupies.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, the groupies! Who needs honor and prestige?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
'Way back, three years ago, when the first "Kill This Thread" got started, Eryk Davis Ester, the originator of the thread, stated the following:

quote:
There's lots of fabulous prizes available!

a) 100 Reward Points on the DCMBs!

b) My respect and admiration

c) Artwork featuring your favorite Legionnaire, hand-drawn by me!

I had forgotten that it went back that far. It was started on August 10, 2005, just four days after I joined Legion World!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Crap! That reminds me that I still owe walkwithcrowds 100 Reward Points on the DCMBs, my respect and admiration, and a hand-drawn picture of his favorite Legionnaire!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
No wonder he left... poor guy. [sigh]

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE HIM DO, EDE! [AHHHH!!!!]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Broken promises...broken promises... [Frown]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
How appropriate, given that we're in the middle of election season.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Exactly! All the broken promises + that unfashionable nelly hat = no shot for EDE in the next election (if that's ever gonna happen [shrug] )

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

You've broken plenty of promises yourself! [Mad]
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Werezompire Stu:
You've broken plenty of promises yourself! [Mad]

Eh? [shrug]

--------------------

Stu
Time Trapper

Did you think those dishes were going to wash themselves? Or the laundry fold itself? [Mad]
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hey! I do all of them...eventually...

--------------------

Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Laundry is a never ending story.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.