Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobie's Inter-Stellar Travel Agency (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cobie's Inter-Stellar Travel Agency
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Here it is folks! At last, Legion World has its own Travel Agency to help you book those impossible to find flights and hotel resorts in far off places across time and space!

Planning to holiday in Xanadu, but afraid of getting through the Khanate of Sol Invictus' fiery Horde? No problem, we have special "pilots" who deal in that type of situation!

Wishing you could vacation in 19th Century Terran Bahamas? That also can be arranged, perhaps by one of the new ultra-popular Technosphere Planets, or perhaps even with the help of one of the partners of the firm, Time Boy!

Now is the time for Travel! And we can make it happen.

Be sure to contact Policy Pam before you leave for Vacation Insurance.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll take a round-trip to the land of honey. I'll bring the milk.
Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like a first class ticket to .... Uranus, please.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'll need a drink first [Wink]

Although I swear that time Vee was in control of my body, you may have been there already... [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
You could well be correct. I ain't tellin'! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
remember, kids - don't fly Virgin Air - - why trust a carrier that won't take you all the way where you want to go?

[Wink]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Cobalt and Lardy approach

Several months ago, I opened this place and was met with little fanfare. As was the plan all along. Jailbait Lass even questioned why we would bother opening this place at all. Especially such a low-key, underwhelming structure when I’m known for more pomp and circumstance.

There was a reason for it, and it relates to what I’ve been investigating all along. When I opened this place almost a year ago, it was then that I knew we were already under attack. I just didn’t know who, how or why.

<enters, still in magnetic sphere with Lardy>

Inter-stellar Travel it reads, but its so much. I’ve come to know the Legion World Founders quite well during my tenure as Security Chief all these long years. They entrusted me with a number of secrets. That’s something Reboot, Tamper Lad and so many others could never understand. I wasn’t the Chief of Security because of the LMB leadership. I was the Chief of Security on Legion World, with the blessing of the Legion World Founders themselves.

Legion World holds many secrets; there are a variety of reasons Nightcrawler picked this planet to begin this grand project.

I’m about to show you one of them.

<points to the wall; on it are various posters of places across the universe you can travel. On this particular wall, smaller than the rest as it now is clear this room is oddly shaped, there are two posters, one of the Khanate of Sol Invictus and one of the Dark Oval>

Lardy, when you see those posters, what do you want to do? Well…do it.

<Lardy looks at him oddly>

Do it, Lardy.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<shrugs>

Des, I honestly don't know what the fuck you want me to do!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Smash it [Big Grin]
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<shrugs>

Awright...

<focuses powerful Lard Force energy on the wall and smashes thru it>

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<Lardy’s force knocks the wall backwards, creating a big hole. But more surprising, behind the hole is not the usual structure-related debris; rather, it is an actual cavern. From the looks of it, an old, cave-like, rocky terrain. It appears to go farther in, but it declines continually, so that it is a hole, apparently going right into Legion World>

Follow me.

<starts moving down the cavern>

I built this agency here to be on top of this place. Below here is a very old place. Because below here, is one of the great secrets of Legion World, that helped convince Nightcrawler that we should all settle here.

Several months ago, a bunch of us went into the hills, off into the mountain area of Legion World. There was a reason for that. Tomahawk, Clive, Time-Teller Lad, Raging Bull and I. None of them will remember it. But I do, Lardy, I do. I was forced to erase their memories of the trip. So yes, it was I who did that to them. But it was for their own safety. Once we get to our destination, I’ll explain to you why.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<looks into darkness>

Have I ever told you I'm a little claustrophobic?

*sigh* I'll follow, Des, even though every instinct I have tells me not to.

I swear, though, if this turns out to be another of your non-answers, I'll beat yer ass!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<reaches the bottom of the cavern; now it is very cold, and on the walls are ancient hieroglyphics; there is a narrow passage way>

Its just down there. Vee is connected to something called the Variable Realm. I’ve theorized that what is down here is something connected to that, but its too complicated to understand. Is it magic? Is it scientific? Is it something neither or both?

<walks down passage way>

Lardy, I have to tell you something. You’re like a brother to me. You’ve been there all along with the LMB, just like I have. I would never try to kill you or hurt you. Someone has been playing us against each other for too long. Right now, I need you to trust me.

<and now before Lard Lad and Cobalt Kid is an ancient wall, with a slit down the middle. Intense yellow energy permeates outward from the wall. And within that slit, is an old, old wheel, seemingly completely out of place>

Blown your mind yet? [Big Grin]

Before we take one step forward, how about just once for old times sake: Sweet Ass Sweet.

<goes to shake hand>

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<shakes it>

We're gonna turn that, aren't we?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yup [Big Grin] .

Help me turn the wheel.

<grabs one side of the wheel and starts to push; it takes tremendous effort to even budge it>

Once we start turning it, we can’t stop. Otherwise Legion World will be in jeopardy.

<continues pushing, Lardy joins him>

Lardy…you remember killing Clive…you might be right…it might have been you…or at least, your body. But I don’t think it was you.

You see…for so long I dismissed your accusations that I tried to kill you as completely out of hand…but now…now I think maybe you were right.

DON’T STOP PUSHING THE WHEEL!!! I know…its shocking…keep pushing…let me explain…

I would never try to kill you…so how in the world do I suddenly start feeling all these odd memories…

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.