Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TITANS new ongoing series: Should I or Shouldn't I? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: TITANS new ongoing series: Should I or Shouldn't I?
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Tempest spotlight issue was excellent, I thought.

Light on answers as to how the Garth that appeared in AQUAMAN's last issues bridged into the good-as-he-was Garth that surfaces in TITANS, the issue nevertheless explores his background and current state of mind masterfully.

There's a battle with a villain not seen(?) since the Tempest mini-series years ago... a great conversation with the current wearer of Batman's cowl... and a moment that *should* change the character forever. We'll see if Garth's taking the throne of Atlantis lasts past DARKEST NIGHT. I hope it does.

Paired with a nice scene with Mera in another title, this is the most exposure for Garth in ages. I hope that doens't mean what it sometimes does when characters emerge from limbo, swimming strong...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This might be a question everyone already knows, but I haven't followed Aquaman. What's going on? Is there a new Aquaman without the hook or "hydro hand"?
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
bummer. i tried to pick up a bunch of back issues and give this a shot....let's just say, they didn't make it out of the comic shop.

so messy. (i'm a bit behind, i didnt realize the wolfman/perez crew had their own title "titans" until last week.) so i was excited as i loved that run. also, i really liked how they were treated in the kingdom come series. seemed like they turned out to be better than their mentors. which is plausible...since they had mentors and started earlier. i mean if you can defeat Trigon in your teens what have you got to be afraid of.

where was the JLA when the Titans beat Trigon? Detroit? turned to stone....

and they seemed to keep their heroic idealism in the kingdom come series...as supes, wonder woman, and bats turned out kinda messed up.

i always thought they would be a better league when it was their turn to take on the mantel of Justice League. and often they have been better.

so i'm quite bummed their revival is such a mess.

i thought this was funny Click Here For A SpoilerThey aren’t the cast of “Friends”. They’re the 101st Airborne. They’re a battle-tested band of brothers and sisters who should be the toughest twentysomethings in the DC Universe.

would've been cool if the first villain was gargoyle, mister twister, or the antithesis and then cyborg, raven starfire, gar...were brought in later.

or conversely red arrow, and aqua lad were brought in later.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I disagree. I think the execution of all but a couple of issues (Garth's return and the issue where Dick and Kory broke up) has been lacking, by quite a bit.

But the premise of a group of friends who get together because they're friends, not to ostensibly fight supervillains even though that's what they end up doing, is a good one.

Why they'd then move into a HQ is beyond me. To protect secret identities, I guess?

In fact, it wouldn't bother me a bit if Cyborg and Raven went back to Teen Titans... Gar adventured with the Doom Patrol... Wally, Dick and Donna stay with the Justice League... and *still* get together every week or month or whatever as TITANS.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I read 14-16 last night. All had their moments but overall, nothing outstanding.

That might have something to do with the *3* different creative teams for all 3 issues.

Todd hit on the high points of Garth's spotlight, I liked the end of Cyborg's spotlight, and did Kory join the JLA or is she just considering it? It wasn't clear to me at the end of # 16.

Can't DC get a regular writer and artist for this book?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh...I've been reading this...I don't like it.

It definitely doesn't have the feel of the old Wolfman/Perez days. It's been quite boring and slow, I did like Tempest's segway, but half the team is useless, they never get written very well, I forget that Flash and Red Arrow are even on the roster. Needs more Raven.

As for art, I was hoping that Churchill would head the art. His female faces are a bit square, but I liked it.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

#17: Who is that doing a bad job of masquerading as Donna Troy? Whatever this 'new direction' for the character is, it needs to be stopped now. Nip that nastiness in the bud.

A result of contact with Genocide? Exposure to Raven's unconscious empathetic manipulation? That time of the month? I don't care- end it.

Gar was fun, though.

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I would love to see this book become about all those 70s Titans that don't have a home anywhere and are too groovy to languish in limbo forver -

Golden Eagle
Mal
Bumblebee
Flamebird
Hawk III
Dove II
(am I forgetting anyone?)

Throw in Red Arrow and Beast Boy and bring back Lilith and you've got the makings of a great team there! And one that isn't constrained by whatever's going on in 20 other books too.

/shaking fist to the heavens/ When are the 70s Titans going to get their day in the sun?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Let's see... those characters aren't quite as limbo-languishing as all that.

Bumblebee's a supporting cast member of the new DOOM PATROL series Click Here For A Spoiler once again stuck at a few inches tall and living in a doll house and acting as Elastic Woman's confidante.

Mal's been mentioned in the same series, but hasn't appeared yet. Click Here For A SpoilerApparently,his marriage with Karen is in trouble.

Golden Eagle is now living with the Thanagarians, I think. No, wait- is he still that alien chick's love slave? Forerunner, right?

I'm actually not sure of his status. Thanagar recently attacked some New Kryptonians, so maybe he'll pop up in WORLD OF KRYPTON, or one of the SUPERMAN books.

He had a great storyline in the most recent HAWKMAN series.

Flamebird's name has been subsumed by someone else, but Bette Kane is supposed to be showing up in DETECTIVE COMICS. I haven't been picking that one up (though I need to).

Hawk III and Dove II are big players in the first issue of BLACKEST NIGHT: TITANS #1. Things didn't look so good for one of the pair at the end of that issue- their original namesakes are somewhat unexpectedly fairly key to whatever's happening. Possibly.

Beast Boy seems poised to returning to the Teen version of the team, this time as the adult mentor. Maybe.

Lilith and Tula Click Here For A Spoilerand Tempest are currently Black Lanterns.

Now, the Young Heroes in Love- *that's* a team truly languishing in limbo.

Blacula
Easy

Yeesh! Some of them would've been better off staying in limbo!

Bette has shown up in Detective Comics by the way ML. Though not in costume yet.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Thanks, Blacula. Does it seem like she will be donning a costume? I guess she'll take up a third ID...
Blacula
Easy

I don't think she will in the current arc but the next one apparently brings us the origin of this new Batwoman so she may do so there. Maybe this Kate Kane will have been inspired to take up the mantle of the Bat by the original Bat-girl herself, Bette? Wouldn't that be a laugh!
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys, I have question concerning some of the team's older history, as in the Team Titans. Does anyone remember a part of the group called Metallik? Five girls, giant robot, ring a bell?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beast Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beast Boy           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanx. I have this issue. The problem is I have no idea which member is which. I know which one Bongo is, the black girl with the dreads, and Backbeat's the one who looks like Mirage with sunglasses, but I don't know which one's Axe, which one's Fusion, and which one's Brass out of armor.

I actually felt kinda mad when I found out there was a GIANT ROBOT IN TEEN TITANS. Not including Toyman.

(And now I've just noticed the Twin Towers)

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.