Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » The Official Titans Companion Thread! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Official Titans Companion Thread!
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
*snorts*

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Bumblebee's butt would have been shooting out more than honey after a pig-out of chilli and beans
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glen Cadigan
Semi-Pro

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glen Cadigan   Email Glen Cadigan         Edit/Delete Post     
In this week's Previews (out on Wednesday)...

-

[ August 21, 2005, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Glen Cadigan ]

--------------------
Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GlenCadigan

or check out my website at http://www.glencadigan.com

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I know the book is focused mostly on the New Teen Titans, with some Silver Age stuff, but out of curiousity, which (if any) of the post New Teen Titans series are covered in the book? And if any are, how much?
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not quite sure, but i'll hazard a guess that most of the early Perez/Tanghal stuff will be covered - but i am not clear on how far it will go
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glen Cadigan
Semi-Pro

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glen Cadigan   Email Glen Cadigan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SouthtownKid:
I know the book is focused mostly on the New Teen Titans, with some Silver Age stuff, but out of curiousity, which (if any) of the post New Teen Titans series are covered in the book? And if any are, how much?

I'm gonna be straight up with fans on this one: the book ends with the end of the Wolfman era in 1996. But the good news is there's a method to this madness - plans are to do a sequel next year that covers everything which takes place afterwards, including the cartoon and everything associated with that. It'll be a smaller (and cheaper) book, and if I sat down to start it today, I've already got 3/4 of the materials in hand. But if this book flops, those plans will be scuttled. So buy this book! Please!

--------------------

SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Glen Cadigan:
I'm gonna be straight up with fans on this one: the book ends with the end of the Wolfman era in 1996. But the good news is there's a method to this madness - plans are to do a sequel next year that covers everything which takes place afterwards, including the cartoon and everything associated with that. It'll be a smaller (and cheaper) book, and if I sat down to start it today, I've already got 3/4 of the materials in hand. But if this book flops, those plans will be scuttled. So buy this book! Please!

Actually, that sounds better to me, than if you had tried to cram it all into one book. I'd like to read about the later stuff also, but I wouldn't want space taken away from the Wolman/Perez era. I'll definitely be buying this one, so hopefully you'll get a chance to do the sequel.

Speaking of follow-ups, had you ever considered doing a sequel to the Legion Companion? Something that covered the reboot and now threeboot eras? I don't know what the demand would be like, but I would have liked to read about the experiences of those creators as well (particularly Abnett, Lanning, Copiel, Batista, Waid and Kitson)... Just wondering...

Thanks!

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Will the book have a listing of story descriptions, name of artist, inker, year/month of publication, cast of characters like the indexes published by ICG in the mid-to-late 80s?

Brian

Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I am already in line...I am for sure going to pick this up.
Titans Together!!

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I am gonna buy that book to stand along with Legion Companion, All Star Companion, Justice League, and Legion Outpost!!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hey Stargazer no fair!! you posted at 7:48 pm and got your post before me!?!? I posted it at 7:47 pm! I am gonna spank your butt and take your shirt off so I can see what yours looks like! By the way...when will you have the picture of yours ready? [Wink]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glen Cadigan
Semi-Pro

quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Will the book have a listing of story descriptions, name of artist, inker, year/month of publication, cast of characters like the indexes published by ICG in the mid-to-late 80s?

Brian

Nope, it's all new material. Interview after interview after interview with some articles sprinkled in.

--------------------

Glen Cadigan
Semi-Pro

quote:
Originally posted by SouthtownKid:
Speaking of follow-ups, had you ever considered doing a sequel to the Legion Companion? Something that covered the reboot and now threeboot eras? I don't know what the demand would be like, but I would have liked to read about the experiences of those creators as well (particularly Abnett, Lanning, Copiel, Batista, Waid and Kitson)... Just wondering...

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for such a volume. The Best of the Legion Outpost revealed the size of the Legion-only audience out there, and it ain't pretty.

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
But, how'd the Legion Companion do? Didn't it warrant a repeat? They are two different animals.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Yeah, I bought 'Best of the Legion Outpost', but I think the general perception of that may have been that it was less for fans of the Legion, and more for fans of 'Legion Fans'. I loved it, though...
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.