Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Gallery of Frog Kid...er, King - The Return (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Gallery of Frog Kid...er, King - The Return
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi,

You can see here a drawing I made last night.

-

I wanted to change the dynamic of the usual pic of the male heroes with the girls falling at their feets.

I'm still unhappy with the inking; it is the second time I use India Ink, and for the first time, I used only a brush, so the results are not really professional.

Some of you can help me: how can you make a nice starfield?

Best,

David

[ April 01, 2008, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Frog King ]

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Frog Kid, I can't help you with any art questions but just wanted to say that your sketch is great - it made me laugh. Brainy looks so goofy! It is nice to see the traditional roles reversed also - and suits Andromeda.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Such a hilarious picture makes me think that Laurel is an old Stones fan.

"Under my thumb ..."

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed it as well. And I think the starfield looks fine.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here I was about to make a comment on how cool and moody the pic is -- and then I scroll down a bit and see Brainy. [lol] I love it!

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
This drawing came at the perfect time considering what's going on in the book! Seems Brainy's just a very passionate guy...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewNolan
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AndrewNolan   Email AndrewNolan         Edit/Delete Post     
The expression of the face of B5 is really special. Thanks for sharing this with the group David.
From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
Here I was about to make a comment on how cool and moody the pic is -- and then I scroll down a bit and see Brainy. [lol] I love it!

Me too! Only for me, it was a function of the time it took for the image to load (I've a slow connection).

I particularly love Brainy's lovestruck expression -- very nice! [Smile]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Here is Triad:

-

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

And I join the pic who was already posted in the Dawnstar Gallery(thanks to Lightning Lad)...
 -

TriSaber
Pre-Zero Hour Fanatic

Icon 14 posted      Profile for TriSaber   Email TriSaber         Edit/Delete Post     
I love that Dawnstar illustration. Great work!

--------------------
Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JT.Hawk
New

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JT.Hawk   Email JT.Hawk         Edit/Delete Post     
Sweet pic of Dawnstar ... amazing.

--------------------
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

From: Vancouver, British Columbia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like Laurel is a woman after my own heart, very nice pose, and the look on brainys' face is priceless [lol]

I like your Triad pose too, don't think I've ever seen her quite like that before!

But your Dawnstar is breath taking! By far the best bit of fan art I've seen in... well weeks probably - there are a lot of talented artists on this board. And Frog Kid, you are definitely up there with the best of them!

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

[ December 02, 2003, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Thanks, lads and lass! Now I'm blushing!
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Frog Kid, these drawings are terrific. That Dawny is just awesome! I'd love to see that in full color. Bet it would make one hell of a poster! Grey is going to go gaga when he sees it (if he hasn't already!)

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.